Roadsync connection

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
Nikspad
Current Ride: Honda X-ADV 750 2021

Roadsync connection

Post by Nikspad »

Hi
Just bought a 2021 X-ADV 750, the roadsync app does not allow iPhone iOS connection only android on google play I bought a cheaply one but it is not compatible with the Honda app 🙁 I can’t find any info on which make and model android mobiles will work with it. Any suggestions please

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Re: Roadsync connection

Post by Greyerbeard »

Wish I could help but it won't talk to my old-ish Android phone either (Blackberry KeyOne).
Rapidly lost interest, tbh...
1981 Triumph T140ES
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

I sympathize. I have a draw full of old android phones and tablets but none of them are compatible with Android auto so i'm not inclined to buy another one which would be outdated in a couple of years. Its not a problem unique to android though and whenever Apple update IOS much the same thing happens. Microsoft are slightly better with windows versions usually properly supported for at least five years. Unfortunately windows phones are a thing of the past, even for me now!
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

David Lynas
Current Ride: Honda ADV350

Post by David Lynas »

Got it working on my ADV350 but my android phone is pretty recent...

Scoopdawg888
Current Ride: Honda Forza 750

Post by Scoopdawg888 »

Grabbed this off Honda's website . . .Q. What smartphone models / OS is Honda RoadSync app compatible with?* Honda RoadSync requires Android 8.0 or later, and Bluetooth BLE 4.2 or later.
I'm running a Huawei P30 which is working fine. Interface on sat nav is VERY basic so don't get too excited if you sort a phone out - I'm trying to find phone mounts that will work on a forza750 to 'supplement' my disappointment - it's certainly not Android Auto but that aside, the tft dash is a thing of beauty :)

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Yeah, Android 8 and bluetooth. My new ADV350 (when it arrives....) has this but as it doesn't have a TFT dash there's no display for satnav. That's a it disappointing but at least the handlebar switchgear may make things easier to control on the move.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

David Lynas wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:43 am Got it working on my ADV350 but my android phone is pretty recent...
Any chance you can give us a review or description of what and how?
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should