Evenin'... It's been a while...

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Evenin'... It's been a while...

Post by SH125Paul »

Good Evening Muppets...
Used to post on here quite a bit but not been about on here for a while... getting on for a year i think!
Bit of trouble with the 'ol noggin... Stress, Anxiety and Depression.... Then the 'Magic of Lockdown'... Then 6 wks ago this!

Nope, not the scoot, not the bike... Walking Diesel my Black Lab... bloody dog! Got lead caught up with an American Bully, with a head like a skip, called Stanley... heard a Crack and went down like a sack of spuds... followed by nearly a week in hospital and pumped full of morphine... icon_8-O.gif

If anyone isn't feeling it... Don't put it off for the Weeks, Months, Years like i did... Speak out, Reach out, contact the doc, get the help, talk or meds ya need.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Re: Evenin'... It's been a while...

Post by horobags »

sorry to hear Paul, hope your over the hill now. I had a replacement knee this time last year and I know that post 'op' you can be in a dark place. Spring is nearly here, if you can get out on the SH that'll cheer you up.
take care. thumb.gif
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Know where you're coming from, keep talking and don't be afraid of taking some meds.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Welcome back. I know the chat on here was one of the little things that helped keep me going. When health and weather allow, try and get along to a meet up. I think you came along to a High Beech one didn't you? Even if the Muppets aren't there, a lot of bikers go along on a Sunday morning for some significant calories and a chin wag. No need to turn up on a bike, everyone's friendly.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

I'll be announcing the ride out to scooter Sunday (last sun of the month) soon.

Also there will be a ride to Walton for mods and rockers in early April.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

SH125Paul wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:00 pm Good Evening Muppets...
Used to post on here quite a bit but not been about on here for a while... getting on for a year i think!
Bit of trouble with the 'ol noggin... Stress, Anxiety and Depression.... Then the 'Magic of Lockdown'... Then 6 wks ago this!

Nope, not the scoot, not the bike... Walking Diesel my Black Lab... bloody dog! Got lead caught up with an American Bully, with a head like a skip, called Stanley... heard a Crack and went down like a sack of spuds... followed by nearly a week in hospital and pumped full of morphine... icon_8-O.gif

If anyone isn't feeling it... Don't put it off for the Weeks, Months, Years like i did... Speak out, Reach out, contact the doc, get the help, talk or meds ya need.
hello i did that many many years ago and that is what my right leg looks like under x-ray,bits still in there all this time,think the hospitol forgot,its gone now,west kent ,west hill dartford does it still hurt only when i tried to get my leg over,[push-bike] but have learnt to live with it.
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

Dog walking is a dangerous hobby, long training leads, large packs of dogs play fighting and old, frail, elderly people not concentrating on what's happening around them. Where I walk my little dog accidents happen.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

SH125Paul
Benefactor

Post by SH125Paul »

8 weeks since the break...
In one of those Ski Boot thingies and now allowed to put some weight thru the left ankle...
So, a quick spin out on the SH125... real nice to be out n just pootlin' along...
NC won't start... possibly just as well at the mo, as a bit heavy to push about with a fragile ankle! I think it's the battery... been on trickle... but think it might of had it...

SH125Paul
Benefactor

Post by SH125Paul »

Ankle is coming along...

Got a new Battery for the NC.. so a short ride last week, and out for a ride the otherday... after a while, with feet tucked under ya arse, it realy got to my ankle...every bloody bump along the road, plus weighting the pegs, and shifting about... plus, the preferance to left foot (with the break ..) down first, with the right for the brake.

Scoot was fine... more weight thru all ya arse, and just resting ya feet on the floorboard was alright. So looks like it's the scoot for a bit... I'll try the bike again in another week or so... but love a bimble on the 'lil SH!

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

you cant beat an SH!!.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.