GIVI Top box for Honda Vision

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Bingo
Current Ride: BV 350 Honda Vision 110

GIVI Top box for Honda Vision

Post by Bingo »

I just ordered a new Honda Vision to replace my aging 2012 Vision. There was some confusion with the dealer over fitting a top box. The one I wanted is a Givi E300N2 and Padgetts said they can only order via GIVI and there was at least a two week backlog so I just said I would get it myself. I found this here. https://www.xlmoto.co.uk/motorcycle-acc ... lsrc=aw.ds

Thats pretty much the one I have now on the old bike. (I dont want to swap it over as its well battered)

According to the GIVI website I think I need this also. SR1153 Specific rear rack for MONOLOCK® top-case
to be combined with the plate already included in the MONOLOCK® top-case https://www.givi.co.uk/my-motorcycle/pr ... ase/e300n2

Also found this on xlmoto (I think) https://www.xlmoto.co.uk/motorcycle-acc ... lsrc=aw.ds

Do these look right? How does it all fit together and is it pretty straight forward enough for a mechanical numpty to fit with a couple of spanners?

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: GIVI Top box for Honda Vision

Post by MrGrumpy »

Yes, you need a rack specific to your scoot, a mounting plate that fits to the rack (universal I think), and the right sort oftopbox, which will fit on any mounting plate. Don't get your Monolocks and Monokeys mixed up - its SO confusing! As far as I can see. All the things you mention seem to be Monolocks so you are fine.
Don't ask me about fitting.....the rack is the trickiest bit, though some are easy and some harder - some require drilling holes. The plate is quite easy, but well beyond my capabilities!

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

i think thats what i got on my vision,but the dealer chucked it in for nothing
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

Mister Paul
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Post by Mister Paul »

Instructions are here. It looks like it just bolts to the existing rack, no drilling required.

https://media.givi.it/XN-Prodotti/istruzioni/SR1153.pdf

Look here at 3:15, and you'll see the holes

Bingo
Current Ride: BV 350 Honda Vision 110

Post by Bingo »

Thanks folks. I think I got it sorted. Most of the online sites that offer this Givi box and mount at the keenest prices seem to be in mainland Europe and you cant speak to anyone. This place though is UK and I got a very helpful chap on the phone yesterday. He is going to call me back Monday morning and sort it all out. https://www.brandedbiker.co.uk/ I think what ill do is just get him to ship it to Padgetts and let them mount it. It will hopefully get done right then.

I did try and wangle a free box and free delivery but no chance. Having called round all the Honda Dealers nobody apart from Padgetts had any Visions in Stock and certainly not in Red. I got the chance of a white one but didnt want that colour so I reckon I got the only Red Honda vision for sale in the country. Seems they are in demand and there are real stock issues. There is a waiting list thats ever growing longer. The guy in Colwyn bay said I could be waiting until July! So I wasnt really in a good haggling position! :)

Mister Paul
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Post by Mister Paul »

Bingo wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:37 pm Thanks folks. I think I got it sorted. Most of the online sites that offer this Givi box and mount at the keenest prices seem to be in mainland Europe and you cant speak to anyone. This place though is UK and I got a very helpful chap on the phone yesterday. He is going to call me back Monday morning and sort it all out. https://www.brandedbiker.co.uk/ I think what ill do is just get him to ship it to Padgetts and let them mount it. It will hopefully get done right then.

I did try and wangle a free box and free delivery but no chance. Having called round all the Honda Dealers nobody apart from Padgetts had any Visions in Stock and certainly not in Red. I got the chance of a white one but didnt want that colour so I reckon I got the only Red Honda vision for sale in the country. Seems they are in demand and there are real stock issues. There is a waiting list thats ever growing longer. The guy in Colwyn bay said I could be waiting until July! So I wasnt really in a good haggling position! :)

Seriously, it's 8 bolts into holes that are already there. Unless the dealer is going to fit it for free I'd save yourself a load of money and do it yourself, or get a friendly local biker to help you for the cost of a pint if you're not confident enough.

richie the 1st
Benefactor

Post by richie the 1st »

when i got my 1st honda vision 110 way back in july 2015,it had done 4500 miles,in 2 years mot time [1st] it had done 9000 miles so i musted liked it,when i got my present 100 now esp model,picked in from dobles,way back in jan 2020,rode it towards croydon theres a gatso camera,looked down and i was doing 40 mph,i grabed that rear brake,so different in smoother/quieter/quicker/feels bigger,but the new one has got a new engine smaller bore longer stroke,but still esp.
now i dont know what it rides like but you will know the difference.enjoy
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

riders in the storm
Benefactor
Current Ride: HondaNC750X+HondaCRF300Rally

Post by riders in the storm »

I've got that top box on my J300. It comes with a mounting plate which just happened to fit easily to the built in standard rack that the J300 has.

I'm very happy with the whole set up and the box is nicely proportioned for the scoot......
HondaCRF300Rally, Honda NC750X

riders in the storm
Benefactor
Current Ride: HondaNC750X+HondaCRF300Rally

Post by riders in the storm »

I've got that top box on my J300. It comes with a mounting plate which just happened to fit easily to the built in standard rack that the J300 has.

I'm very happy with the whole set up and the box is nicely proportioned for the scoot......
HondaCRF300Rally, Honda NC750X

richie the 1st
Benefactor

Post by richie the 1st »

had a ride on a new 2021 vision 110,is it different o yes,feet cannot go as far back as my 2019 vision,still not bad though,brakes are better/seemed smoother,tried the stop/start it works just twist and go.but the biggest thing is the lack of go from 35 mph.
very slow might be the lack of miles just 1200,could be only used for short jorneys,i did pin it,but i think its being euro 5 that does it.
would i p/x my 2019 no.
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.