New wheel and tyre BV 350 after near death experience!

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Bingo
Current Ride: BV 350 Honda Vision 110

Re: New wheel and tyre BV 350 after near death experience!

Post by Bingo »

Data wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:06 am It sounds as if you have completed the procedure ok if the abs light is now going out after driving off. As long as you followed the procedure it's fine. If you don't follow the procedure your abs won't work and the light will normally stay on. It's a shame we are not closer as I'd be more than happy to check this out with you.
Very kind of you thanks. Ill have to check but I think all the lights went off as soon as I rode it off before performing the test. I thought the calibration was mainly for the traction control though.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Re: New wheel and tyre BV 350 after near death experience!

Post by Data »

Indeed, the abs calibration is all about making sure the abs actually works correctly. I'd missed the bit where you said the abs light was going off after move off, even before you tried the re-calibration. Ok, that's fine and is to be expected but the calibration still has to be done as you correctly asserted. If it's not done correctly and you don't get the abs indicator light telling you it was successful, the abs won't be guaranteed to work correctly. So it's definitely something to try again until you get the 'abs re-cal successful' light.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...