First service on new Honda Scooter, where?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Re: First service on new Honda Scooter, where?

Post by horobags »

find it on fowlers uk, put the part in your basket and just before payment it will have the honda part number on it.Or just order it off them.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Chinnorbiker, this is something you ought to check for yourself just to make sure there are no issues. Don't rely on someone else telling you what to order. I've known some bikes to be released with one filter only to have that replaced 6 months later with another slightly different version. So, as horobags says take a look at Fowlers (who are excellent by the way) who sell original parts, or one of the other online suppliers of genuine parts. ;)
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

DTO
Current Ride: X-max 300

Post by DTO »

My new Yamaha N max 125 was £41 for 1st service. today .

Bingo
Current Ride: BV 350 Honda Vision 110

Post by Bingo »

DTO wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:48 pm My new Yamaha N max 125 was £41 for 1st service. today .
Blimey that is cheap. Still only done 300 miles on the new Honda Vision but I have been quoted between £120 and £165 by various Honda Dealers around the country. In the next couple of weeks ill be away with it so will soon clock up the 600. Just trying to work out where ill be. Somerset I think and there is a Honda Dealer in Yeovil so have emailed them tonight.

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

There can be a huge variation in what is actually done on a first service and that's even if the manufacturer's recommendations are strictly followed. I have just serviced my new Mash 400 and took half a day removing the tank so that I could adjust the valve clearances. One exhaust valve had no clearance at all so it was worth the effort. But for a machine built with a modern design and ( hopefully ) assembled more carefully in a modern factory its more a matter of checking the tyre pressures and changing the oil, an hours labour at most. In some cases manufacturers don't even stipulate an oil and filter change but I wouldn't be happy with that. In the car world the first service is now typically 12 months or 10,000 miles.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

You would think though sensibly Honda would at least offer to move that servicing over to another new Honda should you get one.

Or do something supportive etc especially if it was stolen or crashed at least. Good business and all that.

Or be really kind and move it to another of your bikes.

It might feel a bit " Get Suffed " " We Don`t Care " otherwise.

Bingo
Current Ride: BV 350 Honda Vision 110

Post by Bingo »

Got the Vision booked in to the Honda dealer at Yeovil for the 9th of June. Its only got just under 300 miles on it now so between now and then I need to get it up to the 600 although the dealer in Exeter told me anywhere between 400 and 700 (but no more) is ok. £135 inc vat.

DTO
Current Ride: X-max 300

Post by DTO »

Bingo wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:53 pm
DTO wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:48 pm My new Yamaha N max 125 was £41 for 1st service. today .
Blimey that is cheap. Still only done 300 miles on the new Honda Vision but I have been quoted between £120 and £165 by various Honda Dealers around the country. In the next couple of weeks ill be away with it so will soon clock up the 600. Just trying to work out where ill be. Somerset I think and there is a Honda Dealer in Yeovil so have emailed them tonight.
That was at the Yamaha dealer , Honda seems expensive , A few years ago I had a annual service done on my T-max 530 plus mot and coolant / brake fluid change all for £170 .