First service on new Honda Scooter, where?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Bingo
Current Ride: BV 350 Honda Vision 110

Re: First service on new Honda Scooter, where?

Post by Bingo »

richie the 1st wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:27 am so is it any different to your 1st vision.
Quite a few differences. The original Vision was as agile as a gazelle, this one is even better. Slightly bigger wheels I think and it feels even lighter (although its only 2kg lighter). It feels like its on rails when you go around corners. Its just a pity that when you come out of them not much happens. :lol: The engine starting is just weird. There appears to be no starter motor (I Guess there must be one). It just springs to life. I suppose this is why the start stop system works and it really does work although I dont generally use it. The old one had a flat spot between 30 and 40 and this one seems more linear and is now starting to loosen up a bit. Its taller for sure but maybe my old shockers were on the way out. More ground clearance. MPG seems to be improving. 94 mpg on the first fill and 108 mpg on second fill. Did 75 miles on it yesterday. 20 miles two up around the Dales and 55 out on my own into upper Teesdale. Still not had it flat out apart from up a few hills Suspension seems firmer than the old one but you are not jarred as much oddly on bumps and ruts in the road etc. no rattles of course (yet) and everything feels well made. Took a while to get used to the keyless system but I quite like it now.

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

No separate starter motor, no - the alternator is also the starter! You can trust the stop/start; it works fine on the Forza 125 and you soon get used to it. As you say, the engine just springs into life with no delay.
1981 Triumph T140ES
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

Bingo
Current Ride: BV 350 Honda Vision 110

Post by Bingo »

Greyerbeard wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:35 am No separate starter motor, no - the alternator is also the starter! You can trust the stop/start; it works fine on the Forza 125 and you soon get used to it. As you say, the engine just springs into life with no delay.
Does it not cause wear and tear though on the alternator and battery? I probably will use it in towns but out here in the sticks it seems pointless really.

newscooter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Grinnall BMW trike

Post by newscooter »

I think that these things used to be called dynastart in the good old days. I suspect that my Trojan bubble car had something of that nature.

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

The Messerschmitt Cabin-Scooter certainly did and in order to get the thing to go backwards, the driver had to stop the engine and start it again in reverse - the dynastart went both ways - meaning one could go almost as fast backwards as forwards.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Waldorf wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:56 am The Messerschmitt Cabin-Scooter certainly did and in order to get the thing to go backwards, the driver had to stop the engine and start it again in reverse - the dynastart went both ways - meaning one could go almost as fast backwards as forwards.
And bloody lethal either way!
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Mister Paul
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Post by Mister Paul »

I've just tried to book my ADV350 in for its first service. Fowlers can't do it until mid-May. Thunder Road want £250.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Mid May? That is a helluva long time away! By which time, you are likely to have done well over the 600 miles!

Mister Paul
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Post by Mister Paul »

MrGrumpy wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:05 pm Mid May? That is a helluva long time away! By which time, you are likely to have done well over the 600 miles!
I've managed to book Thunder Road for mid-April, which I can just about manage. Will probably get a service plan.

chinnorbiker
Current Ride: Honda Forza350

Post by chinnorbiker »

My “main dealer wanted over £160 for first service so I asked my trustworthy mechanic to do it for me.
However, he can’t order the oil filter from his usual supplier without the correct part number: does anyone have that information, please?