Introduction

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
Raysaface
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Introduction

Post by Raysaface »

Hello, Ive been riding motorcycles and scooters for about 53 years. I live on the edge of the Pennine hills, not far from Rochdale, and it's a great place for riding. I've owned most of the large BMW touring bikes, and a few maxi scooters, and my wife and I have used most of these for touring. My current ride is a 2021 Honda Forza 350, and I get as much enjoyment riding it as I have from any machine I've had before, if not more. Before the
Forza 350, I had a Forza 750, a BMW R1200RS, a BMW C400GT, a Burgman 650, a BMW C650GT, and the list goes on. But I can honestly say that in the Forza 350, I think I've finally found what I've been looking for. And as I've recently managed to fit a pair of Givi V35 panniers to it, we WILL be using it for touring! Happy days!

Waldorf
Benefactor

Re: Introduction

Post by Waldorf »

Hello and welcome from County Durham!
I, too, have a Forza 350 and am very interested in your having fitted the Givi V35 panniers to yours.
Any chance of pictures and/or instructions? ;)
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

Deleted User 18472

Post by Deleted User 18472 »

Hello & Welcome 👋

Raysaface

Post by Raysaface »

Thanks for the welcomes. Regarding Givi the panniers, which by the way I removed from my Forza 750 before selling it, I will post some pictures next week as I'm away from home this weekend.

Waldorf
Benefactor

Post by Waldorf »

Thanks. :)
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Hi, Ray, and welcome.

It sounds like Mr Chips will be picking up his shopping on the Forza soon, rather than in the Jimny. 8-)

Waldorf
Benefactor

Post by Waldorf »

Ah, you know me so well, Ged!
In fact, I have the large version of these bags so I can do a fairly big shop with the Forza. I strap it on the pillion seat.
Panniers would lower the CoG, hence the appeal:

Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
Capitano

Raysaface

Post by Raysaface »

As promised some photos of the Givi V35 panniers and frames that I've fitted to my Forza 350. I bought the Givi frames for the Forza 750. I removed the frames from the 750 intending to sell them, but when I thought about it, I realised that I might be able to adapt them to fit the 350 using 5mm steel plates bolted to the Forza frame via the grab rail bolts, and some other homemade brackets and stays which I painted satin black. I covered the 2 adapter plates in carbon wrap to make it a bit nicer. I had to put 16mm packings under the plates so they cleared the bodywork. Other bits I've added are a Givi screen, Give tunnel bag, rear hugger, Oxford heated grips, mounts for a phone and for the BMW sat nav I removed from a previous bike, and finally poor man's cruise control. Total storage space including the under seat space is 182 litres. That's 72 litres more than the BMW K1200LT my wife and I rode to Spain and back on, and far more than I'll ever need. But in my experience it's better to have too much than not enough, especially if you're taking a woman !

Raysaface

Post by Raysaface »

More photos showing panniers frames for anyone interested. This was only possible because I had already fitted the Givi rack. It wouldn't have worked with the genuine Honda rear rack.

Raysaface

Post by Raysaface »

Other photos that might also be of interest. The phone mount above the dash is an SP Connect, attached to a block of wood covered in carbon vinyl wrap!