Not using bike for six months

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Re: Not using bike for six months

Post by Data »

Yes, sounds like a plan. It'll be fine. I think too, that it's easy to overthink this sort of thing! I'm spouting all this stuff with my tech & engine design & developer hat on, the best practice etc. But it's not super critical for your bike if this isn't going to be the norm especially as your mileage is low on that oil.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Bingo
Current Ride: BV 350 Honda Vision 110

Post by Bingo »

Data wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:01 am Yes, sounds like a plan. It'll be fine. I think too, that it's easy to overthink this sort of thing! I'm spouting all this stuff with my tech & engine design & developer hat on, the best practice etc. But it's not super critical for your bike if this isn't going to be the norm especially as your mileage is low on that oil.
Its great to get some good advice from someone who knows what they are talking about. Im kind of on my own up here in the North Yorkshire Dales so these forums are really useful especially if you have gone through life not knowing very much about mechanics.. More quad bikes up here than Scooters for sure. Nearest MOT station is nearly a 40 mile round trip and good bike mechanics are few and far between.

Bingo
Current Ride: BV 350 Honda Vision 110

Post by Bingo »

Slight change of plan (After all that!) :)

Trip has been delayed so I am putting the BV350 back on the road. MOT tomorrow and ill get a couple of weeks use out of it before going on my travels but ill not be away for the full six months now. Ill be back after about six weeks or so for a couple of week then maybe three months away and back again. I think ill still get the oil and filter change done either now or when I first get back but I might leave it to my trusty mechanic to do it if its back on the road. I was considering getting the belt changed also but I think its not due to 12500 miles? Cant find the schedule now. Mines on just over 10k I think.