2022 Yamaha TMAX Tech Max Maxi-Scooter | First Ride

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
abitmad

2022 Yamaha TMAX Tech Max Maxi-Scooter | First Ride

Post by abitmad »

A brief review of the latest TMax.

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Re: 2022 Yamaha TMAX Tech Max Maxi-Scooter | First Ride

Post by Stephen »

It is a great piece of kit,really enjoyed my 2018 model and was torn between the Tech Max and the Forza 750 when looking to replace my bike in 2021,the Max is dear,but all the gadgets are already there,heated grips,cruise,heated seat,elctric screen….I do like my Forza and enjoy it,hopefully Honda will have the electric screen and some of the other gadgets when the Forza 750 has a revamp….

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I'm still umming and ahring about what I might buy next. I love riding the Tmax, but I'm sick of the steady drip of failing components and the way any metal part rusts within weeks. On the other hand, I'm yet to be convinced that the Forza is the bike for me....

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

They are two excellent machines,indeed a hard decision,just done about a 150 miles on my Forza today,i really love the DCT gear box,which i think edged it for me over the tech max
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Stephen wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:45 am They are two excellent machines,indeed a hard decision,just done about a 150 miles on my Forza today,i really love the DCT gear box,which i think edged it for me over the tech max
I've only ridden a DCT machine (oriignal X-ADV) for an hour, but wasn't overly impressed by the DCT. It sounds like a fab idea, but I didn't find it actually added anything to the ride experience, and in fact could be distracting as you were trying to work out what it was up to and why! Maybe it needs more familiarisation....the CVT just does its job without fuss.

What fuel economy are you getting from the Forza?

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

MrGrumpy wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:53 pm

I've only ridden a DCT machine (oriignal X-ADV) for an hour, but wasn't overly impressed by the DCT. It sounds like a fab idea, but I didn't find it actually added anything to the ride experience, and in fact could be distracting as you were trying to work out what it was up to and why! Maybe it needs more familiarisation....the CVT just does its job without fuss.

What fuel economy are you getting from the Forza?
Sorry can’t help with any figures….I never have kept a check on my mpg on any of my bikes,all i know is to get it from point A to point B,it needs fuel🤓

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

abitmad

Post by abitmad »

Although like Steve I don't care about fuel consumption and it never influences my choice of bike, I do keep a detailed record on all my bikes out of curiosity. My Forza 750 is averaging 73mpg so far after four fill ups in the month I've owned it. That's a mixture of fast open roads, slow back country lanes and some town riding.

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

abitmad wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:55 am Although like Steve I don't care about fuel consumption and it never influences my choice of bike, I do keep a detailed record on all my bikes out of curiosity. My Forza 750 is averaging 73mpg so far after four fill ups in the month I've owned it. That's a mixture of fast open roads, slow back country lanes and some town riding.
Same type of riding gets me 93-95mpg on my 2017 NC750X
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

The way I ride, I'm never going to get 95mpg out of anything! Even a Honda Cub! 73 from a Forza is impressive, given that I got that out of my old Piaggio Skipper 125 (4-stroke) and more recently the Piaggio Bev 350. Techonological progress perhaps! There again, I've seen various testers of the Forza 750 who've only got high fifties mpg, which is Tmax territory.

abitmad

Post by abitmad »

Yeah mpg is very much subjective according to how you ride so comparisons don't always mean much. Testers notoriously ride the bikes very hard, giving low mpg. They often state as much in the reviews so that most owners are likely to improve significantly on that.

Personally as purely a leisure rider, I have no desire to ride slower than my enjoyment threshold just to attain good mpg, that's a poor trade-off in my view. I suspect my mpg might fall a little in future as I become more accustomed to the Forza and experiment more with the sport mode just for added kicks. Unfortunately, get your kicks on the A41, doesn't make for a good song lyric.