Hard Forza 300 Suspension

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Re: Hard Forza 300 Suspension

Post by Greyerbeard »

Only other thing I can suggest is what has worked for several Triumph Scrambler 900 owners (including me) and that's the counter-intuitive step of setting the rear preload a couple of clicks HARDer than standard - worth a try? It certainly improves the ride and handling of the Triumph.
1964 Matchless G3
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Do you know Greybeard, yes that's also a good idea! I've heard some say this works especially if you change out the rear tyre to a softer one. Completely changes the ride. On most bikes I get I usually end up with my suspension set very firmly, almost at the "fully loaded" point. I do prefer a firm back end.

My GTS is great at being thrown around country lanes, bumpy or not. Yet it maintains full composure. Others with the same bike sometimes struggle on the same route. Chatting to them it becomes clear they are using a much softer setting giving less control but also a bumpier ride. They have never tried moving the suspension settings. I put it down to that engine weight preventing full wheel control on a softer setting causing a double bump over the rough stuff. The wheel pushes up on a bump & is still on its way down when it hits the next bump giving a joggly bumpy ride. You mostly don't really get that with a firmer setting!
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

Symcity- I really love the SH 300's, but as soon as I saw the new R/E classic 350, I just had to have one, much more comfier 2 up.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

On the Silverwing its on 3 out of 5 and OKish on the rear springs.

on 4 things are getting quite nasty, and 5 its possitively painful and impossible.

If you sell the other bike and fancy keeping with the Forza for a while I really would try the YSS shockers.

If not you can get a decent T max for £2K ish.

A 2009 ( 2004-2007 model ) black one with only 9K on just went on ebay.

I was tempted myself, but I can only just get on the silverwing now stepping through if you will.

At your hight you will never look back if you go over to a T max, really, you would love one, no comparrison between that and Forza 300 or 350 at all.

Totally different league in many ways.

velocipede6295
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Post by velocipede6295 »

I had a quite a long test ride on a 2020 T Max, in August. I liked how it went and handled, but after about an hour I was feeling low back pain - the distance between the foot boards and the seat was too little for me, putting pressure on my lower back. I have settled with the Forza for now, which is reliable and pleasant to ride, having eased off the hard ride by slackening off the rear suspension, getting Michelin City Grip tyres, and not holding the handlebar grips as tightly.