CVT Filter.

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
knight2
Current Ride: Burgman 650

CVT Filter.

Post by knight2 »

Having covered about 1700 miles since I bought the 650 Burgman and having read so much about the dreaded CVT problems I thought it was about time I inspected the filter. It must be said that for a ten year old bike it looks very good and has been well looked after. It seems this applies to the inside as well when I took the panel underneath the footboards off the outside cover of the filter looked new, when I got the filter out in was in the same condition just a couple of bits easily brushed off. I wasn't too surprised but I had this nagging thought in the back off my mind that it might have been missed, so I was a bit relieved.
Next job is it's MOT on Saturday morning.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Re: CVT Filter.

Post by Data »

Very glad you are getting on with it ok. I wouldn't worry about the transmission to much because if the bike has just been used normally you should get at least around 80,000 miles out of the belt. Of course it does vary from bike to bike and you may get many more miles than that. It does largely depend upon how the bike is used though. As I've said previously, the two that I had both broke belts very early at very low miles. That was due to those bikes having been run in incorrectly by colleagues who thought they were doing me a favour. My bikes were company bikes and I used them quite hard as I had a lot of miles to cover. That and the fact the motoman run in method had been used was the cause of the very early belt failure. Definitely not recommended for the B650. Just make sure to change the transmission oil regularly and you will likely never have an issue.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

knight2
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Re: CVT Filter.

Post by knight2 »

Thanks data, it passed its MOT and today is oil change day, final drive and engine and filter.