Transmission oil

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
knight2
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Transmission oil

Post by knight2 »

Having changed the engine oil and filter and the final drive oil this week, I was intending to do the transmission oil, but that filler hole is in an awkward place. Couldn't think how best to do it until this afternoon came up with the idea of using an old fashioned oil can. Wouldn't be the fastest way but should work okay, unless of course some ones got a better idea.
I've got a couple of oil cans and was thinking of cutting the nozzle off one so it might work quicker.

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Re: Transmission oil

Post by SH125Paul »

Nice tip... Me and Tx Oil?.. Although you can often use engine oil, for all my scoots i've always used this @ £8 Lt and change Tx oil at every-other Eng oil change. https://www.halfords.com/motoring/motor ... 63142.html
To fill... I use a 200ml syringe from the bay, came with some plastic tubing, i use a short length about 2-3" long to get past the casing projection, TIP: tapper the end of the tube with a pencil sharpner, so it fits nice in to the fill bolt hole. :D
Some scoots... Honda SH... use the 'Wet Threads' forca level. i.e. fill till the oil driibles out the hole, others... Yam XMax... have a measued amout... 250ml i think for the XMax/Maj 400.
Remember... Check ya drained oil for the bolt sealing washers before you pour it into ya waste oil container... Oh Yes Indeed... :(

knight2

Post by knight2 »

Thanks Paul, I went to Halfords to see if they sold a syringe or tubing and funnel, they didn't but it was there I got the idea about the oil can. Haven't cleaned mine out well enough yet,I'll do it tomorrow. Dropping washer in old oil,been there done that :oops: this week still had the bolt in it. Fished it out with a magnet. Tip, if you have knackered tankbag cut the magnets out before you bin it, they are quite powerful and have loads of uses.

knight2

Post by knight2 »

Well the oil can worked if you don't mind getting muscles on your thumb:-). I think I'll look for a better method next time.I didn't cut the end off for fear of getting bits of metal in the oil.

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

I use some windscreen washer tubing adapted on to a standard litre sized container with filler tube that gearbox oil usually comes in. I rely on my scrap box to find odd bits of pipe to make the joint. Its a slow process but at least the plastic containers can be squeezed to force oil through the narrow tube. As Paul suggests there are plenty of syringes of all sizes on Ebay.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

knight2

Post by knight2 »

Thanks roadster , just been looking on Amazon and there's a huge range of syringes one at least with 300ml capacity complete with 1m of tubing.