SH300i - had to scratch the itch!

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

SH300i - had to scratch the itch!

Post by Argyll »

Having sold my Forza 300 a year or two ago I still hankered after an SH300 and happened to see a nice red one when visiting my local Honda dealer - it's not quite 3 years old with 1400 miles. I don't particularly like the barn door screen so will pick up a Kappa short screen (£40) tomorrow and see how that feels although I generally prefer bikes without screens these days. However, I'll have to buy the infills when the Honda bracket comes off and Fowlers said that they can order them up for me although no idea about delivery dates.

Sadly, the previous owner had sold the top box separately and there's not much I can do about that, except buy something similar if I really have to. It's been serviced and is almost mint although I had to part with £3.5k. Hopefully depreciation won't be too bad over the next few years though.

As for my thoughts on the bike, well I've only had one 45 min ride and the engine is just what I expected. The suspension feels preety good too, at least as good as the Forza for a lightweight like me, but I won't really know how much fun it is until the big screen goes - just feels too much in my face, even if it works brilliantly.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: SH300i - had to scratch the itch!

Post by MrGrumpy »

Riding without a screen will be great as long as you don't go over 40 - in the summer. In winter, you'll have to go less than 20, otherwise you'll get exposure from the biting winds! The SH's wind protection is very limited - nothing like a Forza.

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

I’m assuming that was from North Harbour Motorcycles in Ayr - actually £3500 is a fair price for a 2019 Honda sh300i with nominal milage - I have to disagree with mrgrumpy about the sh wind protection - the tall OEM windscreen gives far superior protection compared to the smaller electronic screen fitted to the forza - a great choice Alan - wishing you many safe and enjoyable miles 👌

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

Itch Scratched... Nice.
I know what ya mean about the screen, but ya get used to it and worthwhile in winter... if the smaller Kappa uses the same uprights sorted for Summer the swap back to the larger screen come winter.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Symcity wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 6:09 am I’m assuming that was from North Harbour Motorcycles in Ayr - actually £3500 is a fair price for a 2019 Honda sh300i with nominal milage - I have to disagree with mrgrumpy about the sh wind protection - the tall OEM windscreen gives far superior protection compared to the smaller electronic screen fitted to the forza - a great choice Alan - wishing you many safe and enjoyable miles 👌
Yeah, with a huge screen its OKi(ish). Are the screens standard now? Certainly ought to be! Mine came without anything and I found it unbearable for winter commuting. The fairing is very low as well.

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

No mrgrumpy the screen and knuckle visors are still optional extras as is the topbox - ye get owt for nowt as they say

scootabout
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 350

Post by scootabout »

I love the SH300 and find that the Givi Vario screen works really well (adjustable even on the move, if you're careful). The only downside being some reflection up from the headlight when riding in the dark (I change to a standard Givi screen in winter). Compared to the Forza (which I've also got), it feels light, easy and fun - and I'm sure the red one's go faster!

Hope you consider the itch completely scratched. :)

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

Knuckle guards are defo worthwhile...

Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Post by Argyll »

Kappa screen arrived this afternoon and I'll give it a whirl this evening.

It's pretty dark, but ok I guess. Sadly doesn't match the handguards but £40 seemed a price worth paying so I'll just have to live with that. More importantly, I hope that it feels right on the move.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

the SH 300 is a fantastic machine.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.