SH300i - had to scratch the itch!

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Re: SH300i - had to scratch the itch!

Post by Argyll »

Well, the screen is not bad. Fair amount of noise doing 60 into a 20mph wind but that was with an open face. It's a much better riding experience though so I'll leave it on for a while.

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

The Bike next to it looks a bit tasty too.

Argyll
Benefactor

Post by Argyll »

XP500FUN wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:34 pm The Bike next to it looks a bit tasty too.
Yeah, I love the Interceptor 650. Such a great bike.

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

Wow Wow Wow !!!

Thanks too.

Argyll
Benefactor

Post by Argyll »

Seems like I've damaged my coccyx/tailbone. Unfortunately, the riding position on a scooter is the worst thing for it so you might think that buying the SH300 was a bit of bad timing. Not a bit of it, I love it and will just have to restrict myself to short rides every so often. I presume I may heal over time and when I asked the surgeon what I should do about riding at the moment he just said "it's summer - take some painkillers" 😄

terryvanman
Benefactor

Post by terryvanman »

Had mine from new 2011 5000 miles on the clock......its the perfect scooter here in Malta fast flick-able.....
Dear God,
Please send clothes for all those poor ladies
in Daddy's computer. Amen

Argyll
Benefactor

Post by Argyll »

So, my SH300 just got better! I removed the screen and now it rides like a 100% scoot.

I guess that I really only like to use a screen when touring or, at most, a fly screen for local work but I haven't gelled with the big Honda screen and, to a lesser extent, the shorter Kappa. Both have their uses but, for me, they took away some of that genuine scooter essence.

Sadly, I'll probably have to leave the Honda supports in place as it's a faff removing them and I also don't have the little infill panels to cover the holes. But, even with the supports in place, the whole bike just suits me a lot better. Interestingly, I read a previous comment saying that the bikes aerodynamics didn't suit riding it without a screen. I didn't find that at all today, even into a relatively brisk headwind. I loved it!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Argyll wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:45 am
I guess that I really only like to use a screen when touring or, at most, a fly screen for local work but I haven't gelled with the big Honda screen and, to a lesser extent, the shorter Kappa. Both have their uses but, for me, they took away some of that genuine scooter essence.
Obviously these things are entirely personal, and if this works for you - great! However, I used my old SH300 for all year commuting and I found it the coldest and least protective from the elements scoot I'd ever ridden, and the thought of trying to ride it in winter without a screen at speed fills me with horror!!! I was almost glad when an idiot woman in a Land Rover Discovery drove into me writing it off!

Argyll
Benefactor

Post by Argyll »

I certainly won't be using it screen-less when it's cold. It's really just for some summer fun.

Anyway, I decided to take off the screen supports this morning, even although it's a faff, and see how it felt............... Absolutely brilliant!

Having said that, I rode for 20 mins through a heavy shower and got absolutely soaked :D

riders in the storm
Benefactor
Current Ride: HondaNC750X+HondaCRF300Rally

Post by riders in the storm »

Nice !

( The forum needs a "like" button....)
HondaCRF300Rally, Honda NC750X