Screen lip

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
alp231
Benefactor
Current Ride: X max 300

Screen lip

Post by alp231 »

Have any of you used the add on screen lip ?
looking at one for the x max seem to be different ones out there wonder if any one has experience of one

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Screen lip

Post by MrGrumpy »

I've used several types on various scoots. I've the Puig deflector on both my Tmaxs. I've always found that they improve things - the worse the original screen, the greater the improvement! The screen on the mk3 Tmax is appalling - deafening and head shaking buffetting, but the Puig deflector (and the Laminar Lip I had on my previous mk3) improve it enormously! On my mk6 Tmax, the original screen is reasonable, but the Puig deflector quietens it a bit.

Deleted User 18408

Post by Deleted User 18408 »

I have the Suzuki (branded) "Touring Screen". I would never have paid the asking price as an aftermarket item. But my Burgman came with it fitted.
It's changed my mind - It is worth buying. Superb when compared to standard OEM. It's the "lip" that does it, I think, having played with various settings.

The lip looks very similar to these that Pyramid Plastics sell.
https://pyramid-plastics.co.uk/collecti ... _universal

alp231
Benefactor
Current Ride: X max 300

Post by alp231 »

Thanks just checked out pyramid looks good and not to far from me

riders in the storm
Benefactor
Current Ride: HondaNC750X+HondaCRF300Rally

Post by riders in the storm »

I have the Puig "lip" on my Burgman......

HondaCRF300Rally, Honda NC750X

scootabout
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 350

Post by scootabout »

I have the Pyramid Plastics one on my Forza 350. While not transforming the experience, I find a good improvement on the buffetting I was getting. They don't cost that much, so well worth a try.

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

I have had more success with fairly tall third party screens ( Puig and Fabbri ) which I then trimmed down so that I could just see over the top when normally seated. I've tried various experiments with an additional lip but never found settings I really liked. Third party screens with flared areas providing hand protection have the added benefit of being able to use summer gloves most of the time.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Post by Argyll »

I'm currently experimenting with an old Puig wind deflector on my SH to reduce the noise of the short screen. First ride was poor but improved when I adjusted it to a more upright position. I'll leave it on for a while and play around with the settings although there's no denying that it gets in your line of sight at times.

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

scootabout wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:23 am I have the Pyramid Plastics one on my Forza 350.
Which one, please; there are several.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

knight2
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by knight2 »

I have been wondering about one of these for my burgman. On motorways and d/c's there is a backdraft? that push's my head forward slightly which gives me neck ache and I was wondering if one of these would cure it. It's not a big problem, lower the screen a bit and it cures it, but then it's noisy.
I've known of Pyramid plastics for years but until I followed that link I didn't know where they were based. I've ridden past there loads of time, even delivered and collected there with a truck, never noticed it :oops: :roll: