Italjet Dragster Review

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Italjet Dragster Review

Post by MrGrumpy »

OK, not a very Maxi scoot, but they are cool. This guy does quite good video reviews - he's done several reviews on Maxi scoots (Tmax, Forza, ADV350) and are worth checking out.

As for the Dragster, its so so cool, but utterly impractical!

OneFootInTheGravy
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300

Re: Italjet Dragster Review

Post by OneFootInTheGravy »

I used to have the 180cc 2 stroke Dragster back in the day. In hindsight I was I'd kept hold of it now :(

I like what they have done with the update, if they bring out a larger CC version in the future I would certainly be tempted (wife permitting)

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

A machine that looks this fast deserves to have a thorough analytical test to get its actual performance figures. Unfortunately the days when motorcycling magazines had the temerity to measure speed and acceleration in a consistent way and publish the figures are long gone. I used to spend many happy hours comparing the results and looking at rolling road graphs but now we just have Youtube, better than nothing I suppose! My monthly magazine expenditure has been replaced by my internet charges and then some.
The good news is that the range of twist and go scooters now includes many machines with very respectable performance and there is a choice between sporty looking and practical too. Maybe this is the very best of times for maxis big and small.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

At the other end of the spectrum, I've just seen Visordown's article on the new MP3 range. I wonder if technology is going a bit too far with these:

As well as ARAS, the 2022 MP3s also make use of the Blind Spot Information System (BLIS), and Lane Change Decision Aid System (LCDAS). Both are quite self-explanatory, with BLIS letting you know when a vehicle is in your blind spot, and LCDAS notifying you when it is safe to change lanes by monitoring the speed of vehicles behind the scooter. Both systems notify the rider via the TFT dash. Piaggio first introduced a reverse gear to a scooter in 2019 with the MP3 500 HPE, and it has now added a reverse camera to the 530 HPE for 2022, increasing safety as a result.

The Dragster's bare bones (literally) approach sounds even more appealing now!
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

StephenC wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:27 am

As well as ARAS, the 2022 MP3s also make use of the Blind Spot Information System (BLIS), and Lane Change Decision Aid System (LCDAS). Both are quite self-explanatory, with BLIS letting you know when a vehicle is in your blind spot, and LCDAS notifying you when it is safe to change lanes by monitoring the speed of vehicles behind the scooter. Both systems notify the rider via the TFT dash.
I've got something similar, but simpler, on my mk3 Tmax - its one of those angled 'overtaker' mirrors that sticks on to the main mirror! Very effective it is to....especially as the main reason for fitting it was to cover up a crack in the actual mirror! Some flash cars have some sort of camera system....you can see little lights on the mirrors changing from green to red as you overtake them. As with all this tech, its great until it goes wrong!

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Yes, know what you mean Grumpy. Folks do worry about tech reliability. But mostly, these days tech is very reliable. My car, bought new 4 yrs ago is packed with tech. It's been totally reliable, not even a single glitch! And I think that's the point. Manufacturers can now build cars & bikes with really good tech that's really useful & reliable. Ok you can argue the point about usefulness of some tech things but on the whole I think it's all good.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...