A weekend in Orkney

Went to a scooter meet and took loads of photos? Post them in here for all to see.
Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

A weekend in Orkney

Post by Symcity »

Well folks I set off from Loch Lomond on friday morning heading for Kirkwall in Orkney - nearly 300 miles north to Gills Bay where I board the ferry for St Margaret’s Hope in South Ronaldsay - arrived fairly late on the friday evening so I didn’t see much that night - apart from a few Orkney ales - the saturday morning brought glorious sunshine a thing that you rarely witness in Orkney - took in most of the major attractions on mainland Orkney - returning home on sunday the weather changed dramatically and it rained heavily most of the way - perhaps a bit much to cram in on one weekend - but hey that’s one off the bucket list

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Re: A weekend in Orkney

Post by Stibbs »

That looks great. I live a bit of Scotland. Wife has relatives who live on east coast (Arbroath) always a pleasure to visit.

OneFootInTheGravy
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300

Post by OneFootInTheGravy »

I always think of Father Ted when I see photos of Orkney. Did you visit the Magic Road or St Kevin's Stump? :)

Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Post by Argyll »

That's a great trip, especially on the SH 8-)

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Argyll wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:31 pm That's a great trip, especially on the SH 8-)
The SH is capable of covering long distances with consummate ease - I had the Airhawk seat cushion fitted which helped with rider comfort - I have noticed recently that many riders are undertaking long tours on small bikes and scooters - a few years ago I rode an sh300i from Loch Lomond to the Rhine Palatinate in Germany 🇩🇪 There is an entertaining series of YouTube videos uploaded by a bloke in Ireland 🇮🇪 who rode his sh300i down to Gibraltar 🇬🇮

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

8-) , great pics. An easy trip for the' mighty SH'.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Post by Argyll »

I was out on mine yesterday (fairly windy) and slightly disappointed with how the short screen performed in those conditions ie noisy! Still, it's a better feel overall for summer riding and I may add a bolt-on flip which I've got lying around to see how that works. In non-windy conditions the screen is fine and ok for £40........... (just).

I'm not a fan of screens in general but you can't just remove the Honda leg brackets unless you have the infills to cover the resultant holes - which I don't have - and don't want to ride around with the two legs looking like bull horns.

I may even put the barn door back on.