Sym Maxsym 400

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Re: Sym Maxsym 400

Post by capitano »

horobags wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:18 am There was a lad on here , Basil (from Wales), who had a spill on a 600, waited for body parts for over 4 months. MotoGB again. I remember hearing there is a dealer in Greece which is quite good to deal with. Im sure Ged (captain)will be along to comment who is quite clued up on these matters.
Sorry guys I've been a bit tied up having a second eye surgery. Normal (bad) service will be resumed as soon as feasible. 8-)
Boofbee wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:49 am Seen a Maxsym 400 advertised locally. 9k miles, couple of owners. Current owner an elderly chap who said it’s a bit heavy for him. Any muppets out there who have had or know much about them. It’s a 2009 and he wants £1850. Is that a bit steep price wise?
Our late friend SteveW had one. I rode it on the Isle of Wight. It was a tad top heavy and compared to say a Kymco Downtown 300 the weight was really noticeable.

Steve rated it for long distance rides though, which is what he bought it for.

Like the vast majority of Syms, there are no real precautionary stories about the brand or products. They sell well in mainland Europe and associated islands.

The issue is Moto GB and their rather relaxed attitude to supporting some of their brands. ie they simply don't! It has arguably got worse since they've attempted to cope with growing demand for Royal Enfields.

At 9k it's doubtful you'll find much wrong with the Sym at all. Issues will come if it needs parts, particular body parts but consumables too. Steve always reckoned that he could get anything for his from Greece. That may sit OK with you. It wouldn't with me.

Boofbee
Current Ride: C90

Re: Sym Maxsym 400

Post by Boofbee »

I rang Moto GB and completely agree they didn’t inspire me about spares. The scoot was not really as described and so I walked. Think ideally I want something smaller but thanks for all the advice.