Fuel economy...!

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Fuel economy...!

Post by Data »

Just a interesting note (for me at least). My fuel economy on my GTS300 is now confirmed as being a consistent average of 90.4mpg on E10. That's mixed motoring with light town work with the majority of running on A and B roads and dual carriageway work. This is not showing as any different to E5 on my GTS from last year before E10 was introduced. We are now on summer petrol so this helps too. My car also is not showing any noticeable difference either. However, the E10 as we all know does have a very slightly lower calorific value so obviously there must be a difference, but I cannot discern it. My method for testing my fuel economy is to use the brim to brim method and pencil and paper (phone calculator actually) :lol:. A quick straw pole of the entire family with a mixture of cars and motorcycles has shown the same results. No one has noticed any actual difference, and they really do take note of these things too! :o

How you guys doing with your fuel? What fuel are you using?
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

bugsy
Current Ride: Honda 750x dct

Re: Fuel economy...!

Post by bugsy »

Agreed, can’t say I have noticed any difference from E5. My NC DCT averages about the same as your Vespa. Still very pleased with the bike which I’ve kept for longer than any of the maxi’s I owned before the Honda.
Not sure where I will go after this one. The ordering and waiting game would annoy me…..

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

bugsy, that's brilliant economy from your Honda. They are good. Nice to hear!

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

I experience the same on my NC DCT.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Peter, how many miles has yours done now?

Ian

knight2
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by knight2 »

I still had my NT700 when when the E10 came in so I can't compare, but the consumption on the Burgman keeps getting better so I don't think it can make much difference. Whilst on the subject the Burgmans comsumption on the reviews I read did put me off a bit. MCN 's 43 mpg and 130 mile tank range is less than impressive, but my experience is a lot better than that over 160 miles with still some in the tank, I think I could get it to 180 without much effort and the dashboard is telling me I'm getting a little over 61mpg. It's a 15lt/3gallon tank so it seems about right. I don't ride slow but it's never thrashed.

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

Data wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:16 am Peter, how many miles has yours done now?

Ian
Only 9k miles, replaced the stock tyres only a couple of weeks ago. I got it with 3k on the clock and only really ride it weekends, except weds, for a few hours to destress from the week as I WFH 4 days a week.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Funkycowie wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:52 pm
Data wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:16 am Peter, how many miles has yours done now?

Ian
Only 9k miles, replaced the stock tyres only a couple of weeks ago. I got it with 3k on the clock and only really ride it weekends, except weds, for a few hours to destress from the week as I WFH 4 days a week.
Excellent! Motor is just about fully conformed now. She'll be at her most economic about now (I'm sure you know that). Enjoy! Thanks for what you do for our country working in the HS.

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

My CB125F 2021 version with 3000miles is doing 216mpg, if that's good my friend is reporting 226mpg. I normally lead on our rides around the Kent garden of England, if you don't use the Satnav main roads, enjoy empty roads. He probably can squeeze the extra few MPG's by careful riding.
We don't ride slowly to save fuel, just riding to preserve engine life.
BTW, the fuel tank holds 13.25 litres, not the 11 litres that Honda publish (although I never want to run a submerged fuel pump dry, perhaps that's Honda's thinking)
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

That's stunning Dave! And those Honda singles are totally unbreakable, lovely motors.