New electric MC...438KM range!

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Re: New electric MC...438KM range!

Post by Funkycowie »

StephenC wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:56 am
Funkycowie wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:10 am Nice, but I am really loving my NC750x DCT to swap over to electric I'd want as a bare minimum around the equivalent BHP capable of 70mph over 150-200 miles, oh and I'd need a house with garage because trying to charge the bike from a 9th floor flat would be rather difficult.
Or a removable battery
Oh yeah, that would be nice, just so long as its not too heavy :)
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

MrGrumpy wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:57 am How are you finding the Silence? I did toy with one a while back as I noticed that the riding I'd done over the winter was well within the Silence's capabilities, but was put off by the price. How is ride and handling, especially out of town (if you venture there!)
The Silence is doing OK. Handling on reasonable road surfaces is good but its very crashy over bad surfaces and potholes. The other uncomfortable aspect is the on-off nature of the twistgrip. It has no feel and no proportionality so holding a set speed, particularly in 30 limit areas, is nearly impossible. Associated with this is the erratic retardation of the regenerative braking. In so called city mode there is very little of this but in the other two modes it cycles on and off quite harshly.

I have had two actual faults and because I'm along way from their base I have had to fix these myself. One fault was just a trivial loss of screws from the buffer block which stops the centre stand knocking a hole in the (aluminium) swing arm; it fell off and luckily jammed in the wheel. The other was more serious, a collapse of the undercarriage of the removable battery. There is definitely a problem getting hold of spares and I had to design and make a replacement part using a 3D printer. Various aspects of the design could be described as naive when it comes to practical experience. There is now an improved and more expensive version which has better suspension and other improvements.

For planning round trips on one charge a range of 50 to 60 miles is reasonable remembering that the charging time is quite long but can be accomplished from an ordinary three pin socket. The top speed is just over 60 mph so dual carriageways and motorways are best avoided. Running flat out could also reduce the range to about 40 miles. Around town the performance will take you clear of most traffic and it is highly manoeuvrable. Underseat storage is excellent so its a very practical shopping trolley. I understand a taller screen is now available and very necessary if you intend to ride in bad weather.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Sounds like a pretty good bike roadster. Fun to ride I'm guessing!
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Thanks. I was a little concerned that the suspension might not be that good. Even in winter I do some (short) rural trips where the roads are somewhat iffy, and which have proved difficult even for decent petrol scoots to handle. This is why I've ended up with two Tmaxs! I also got the impression that the Silence's design & build quality might not be top quality. There is of course no dealer anywhere close to me, but they said they'd come out to me to service it!
I think the Silence has many good aspects, but I'm not sure its quite 'there' yet.

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

MrGrumpy wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:08 pm Thanks. I was a little concerned that the suspension might not be that good. Even in winter I do some (short) rural trips where the roads are somewhat iffy, and which have proved difficult even for decent petrol scoots to handle. This is why I've ended up with two Tmaxs! I also got the impression that the Silence's design & build quality might not be top quality. There is of course no dealer anywhere close to me, but they said they'd come out to me to service it!
I think the Silence has many good aspects, but I'm not sure its quite 'there' yet.
Thats about right. I couldn't recommend it for bad road condition. The Pirelli tyres are OK but the recommended pressures are very high, presumably to improve the range. The price seems to have crept up too.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

11200 euros ? Thats enough to make anyone’s eyes water, especially mine, if only I was younger (& blessed with pot fulls of money) I’d love to try one…

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70