New Sym

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Re: New Sym

Post by capitano »

charles1976 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:36 am Funny as I called moto gb last week to ask if they we're bringing the new joyride 300...I got a blunt no! I think they've made a mistake on that plus they'd of been better importing the nax sym 400 over the £9.4k tl which let's be honest most people would opt for a 1 uear old forza 750 or a tmax surely..
Bringing in one model in favour of another is of little value to anyone if they are not willing to offer the necessary backup and support for the brand.

Frankly, Moto GB would be better off offering one or two 125s, and backing that up with a proper spares supply network.

Deleted User 18408

Post by Deleted User 18408 »

StephenC wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:03 am Sorry if you felt ignored but not many would be interested in a new machine advertised on eBay and Gumtree. An importer's website, back up by dealer links would be more appetising.
No need to be sorry. I don't and didn't feel ignored. My participation here is minimal, no great expections.
My point was that with such a "flood" of adverts, something new MAY be coming to market. And to me that was news.
"Allegedly available from July." is what I said in that other post.
All those ads appear to have been placed by one concern, nationwide. Some HAVE dealer links. (I looked).

MotoGB even has a page of Sym stuff. TL508 top and centre, (when it manages to reveal itself).
https://www.motogb.co.uk/make/sym
But I don't go looking there usually. I do look on ebay and Gumtree quite often. More low brow, but greater circulation.
And everything in one place. See something that takes the eye, then go to the importer's site.
The bike buyer's "Comparethemarket".

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Just followed your link to Sym. I like that they tell you how many are in stock. Rather better than Honda who "sold" me an ADV350 in April which has yet to appear:(
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

StephenC wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:58 pm Just followed your link to Sym. I like that they tell you how many are in stock. Rather better than Honda who "sold" me an ADV350 in April which has yet to appear:(
Still a better bike than a sym...worth the wait

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Well I guess I've spent a lot less fuel on it so far than I would if I had a Sym already.....
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should