New Sym

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
maxsymiser
Current Ride: Honda X-ADV750

New Sym

Post by maxsymiser »

Hi all, anyone in the club owning and having an opinion on the Maxsym 508, I have an ADV af the moment and there are times when its weight is starting to be noticeable when maneuvering, I read the weight is not many kilos lighter but every little less helps

Deleted User 18408

Re: New Sym

Post by Deleted User 18408 »

I like the look of the scoot. Gets good reviews, all overseas, where they do "scoot".
I would love one. Prefer the chain drive to Yamahas belt (I'm old school, and have you seen the price of those things!!!!).

What concerns me most is MotoGB's customer service.(or lack of). TrustPilot rating 1.8 / 5.
My rating = zero. Still awaiting replies to emails sent (three) last October.

Look what happened to the Kymco AK550. Came and went(???). I think "HowManyLeft" shows 9 registered since 2018.

I posted about this scoot's arrival here some while since - zero response.
viewtopic.php?p=308142#p308142

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Bluestrom13 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:30 pm What concerns me most is MotoGB's customer service.(or lack of). TrustPilot rating 1.8 / 5.
Bluestrom13 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:30 pm I posted about this scoot's arrival here some while since - zero response.
Cause

Effect

8-)

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Bluestrom13 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:30 pm I like the look of the scoot. Gets good reviews, all overseas, where they do "scoot".
I would love one. Prefer the chain drive to Yamahas belt (I'm old school, and have you seen the price of those things!!!!).

What concerns me most is MotoGB's customer service.(or lack of). TrustPilot rating 1.8 / 5.
My rating = zero. Still awaiting replies to emails sent (three) last October.

Look what happened to the Kymco AK550. Came and went(???). I think "HowManyLeft" shows 9 registered since 2018.

I posted about this scoot's arrival here some while since - zero response.
Sorry if you felt ignored but not many would be interested in a new machine advertised on eBay and Gumtree. An importer's website, back up by dealer links would be more appetising.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

StephenC wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:03 am Sorry if you felt ignored but not many would be interested in a new machine advertised on eBay and Gumtree. An importer's website, back up by dealer links would be more appetising.
Personally I have stronger feelings.

I've ridden Syms that have been abused for many miles in the EU. I've been impressed by Sym's scooter range overall.

I've ridden Syms here in the UK that have impressed me.

I'd go so far as to say I'm a potential Sym enthusiast/owner/rider.

Except that I never will be while the whole UK Sym shebang is run by MotoGB.

And it gets boring if I repeat this every time someone posts about a new Sym, or asks whether they should buy a Sym etc.

So, least said the better. 8-)

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Sadly, the same applies to Kymco. Great scoots, pretty awful importer.

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

Funny as I called moto gb last week to ask if they we're bringing the new joyride 300...I got a blunt no! I think they've made a mistake on that plus they'd of been better importing the nax sym 400 over the £9.4k tl which let's be honest most people would opt for a 1 uear old forza 750 or a tmax surely..

Sym resale values, dealer network support etc. All not as strong as yummy, suzuki, honda....

It's about time suzuki did a proper overhaul of the burgman 400 and whats happened to the 650??(

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

charles1976 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:36 am Funny as I called moto gb last week to ask if they we're bringing the new joyride 300...I got a blunt no! I think they've made a mistake on that plus they'd of been better importing the max sym 400 over the £9.4k tl which let's be honest most people would opt for a 1 year old forza 750 or a tmax surely..

Sym resale values, dealer network support etc. All not as strong as yummy, suzuki, honda....

It's about time suzuki did a proper overhaul of the burgman 400 and whats happened to the 650??(

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

charles1976 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:36 am

Suzuki seem to be giving up on almost anything! Every time you look, their range shrinks. Have they got major financial woes or something?

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

MrGrumpy wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:30 am
Suzuki seem to be giving up on almost anything! Every time you look, their range shrinks. Have they got major financial woes or something?
Potentially business-threatening ones, yes. Hence the withdrawal of funds from Moto GP, ditching low-profit, slow selling bikes and cars, the slow contraction of their dealer network etc.

https://www.motorbeam.com/suzuki-emissi ... countries/