Electric fun

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Electric fun

Post by roadster »

Yesterday I was leaving town via one of those urban dual carriageways which is punctuated with traffic lights and I noticed a black car which passed me in the outside lane going just that bit faster than the speed limit and than I wanted to go. The speed limit changed to fifty, which is just within the capabilities of the S01 in its "city" mode, and I caught the black car at the next set of lights. When the lights changed I noticed that the black car sped away at an abnormally fast rate and left the more mundane traffic behind so when I caught up at the next set of lights we were on our own at the front in adjacent lanes. this time I paid more attention and realized that the car was a Tesla so I thought a little experiment was in order. I put the scooter into sport mode and when the lights turned green ( no cheating ) off we went. This time the Tesla only pulled away slowly and gained about two car lengths reaching 50 mph. So there you have it, up to fifty mph the S01 is nearly as quick as a Tesla. An observation which is utterly irrelevant to us all!
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Electric fun

Post by MrGrumpy »

Tesla might win a marathon rather than a sprint though! There's clearly little wrong with the performance of electric scoots, just need a few details sorted and I might buy one!

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

On the Xmax 300 a few years ago I was alongside a Tesla. When the lights went it was as though the thing had engaged warp drive - whoosh and it was simply just gone. I've never messed with one of those things since. Nice to hear a leccy scoot can at least make them work hard!
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

That's very interesting roadster. Your bike is no slouch!
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

When I took a Zero test ride I was told, " Keep it in eco mode until you get out of town."

Predictably, that lasted until I was out of sight. The acceleration was absolutely brutal with the full torque available!

8-)

dogwheel
Current Ride: Burgman 400

Post by dogwheel »

Watch out for some fun when the roads get a bit greasy and these Tesla scorchers have ripped the treads of their tyres!

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

There was a letter in one of the papers recently, from someone complaining bitterly that his electric car's front tyres were worn out after a few thousand miles - amazingly, the paper's 'expert' didn't think to point out that an electric motor produces maximum torque at zero revs; and if you consistently put your foot down...
1981 Triumph T140ES
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Post by wozza »

i have a SEAT Mo I'll have to race you...... :lol:
SEAT MO