Hi and need advice

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Re: Hi and need advice

Post by Waldorf »

I've just re-read a review of the 350 to remind myself about its having Traction Control and remembered it does not have linked brakes, I think, although the review says it has. I stand be corrected.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

I don't know what your budget will stretch to but keep in mind that the Piaggio MP3 has a foot brake pedal for combined braking so with some practice your left hand would be rested. Not all previous models had the foot pedal but later ones which could also be driven on a car license all needed this. The 300 is regarded by some as being the smoothest option though not the fastest. It doesn't sell well in the UK but over the channel they are extremely common and popular.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

Ian T
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 350 Red - Fastest

Post by Ian T »

Cheers guys for all your most helpful comments.

Looks like the Forza, I am off to some far away place called Cheltenham next week to house sit for daughter and there is a Honda dealer there, none in or around Mablethorpe where I have just moved too. She made me do it.

So hopefully they have one so I can sit on it and stare in lusty wonderment.

I think if my feet don’t dangle it will be a done deal.

Many thanks again

Ian

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

Ian T wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:04 am Cheers guys for all your most helpful comments.

Looks like the Forza, I am off to some far away place called Cheltenham next week to house sit for daughter and there is a Honda dealer there, none in or around Mablethorpe where I have just moved too. She made me do it.
No Honda dealer in Cheltenham, I'm afraid! Nearest is Gloucester and that's surrounded by roadworks at the moment...
You're welcome to come and sit on mine if you can work out how to contact me directly? It would have to be before Thursday and not Tuesday! That's if you mean week starting 14th?
1981 Triumph T140ES
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

Ian T
Benefactor

Post by Ian T »

Hey that’s very kind of you.

Just checked again and I put in Cheltenham on the Honda website and that Thunder Road came up, I presumed it was Cheltenham thanks so much for pointing it out, about 17 miles away.

Also that is a very kind offer, it is this Wednesday till Sunday morning I will be there, are you close?

Cheers

Ian

Greyerbeard

Post by Greyerbeard »

Ian T wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:36 pm Hey that’s very kind of you.

Just checked again and I put in Cheltenham on the Honda website and that Thunder Road came up, I presumed it was Cheltenham thanks so much for pointing it out, about 17 miles away.

Also that is a very kind offer, it is this Wednesday till Sunday morning I will be there, are you close?

Cheers

Ian
Have PMd you Ian
1981 Triumph T140ES
1989 Honda C90
2021 Honda Forza 350

Dogsbody
Current Ride: Burgman 400 Honda C125 400-4

Post by Dogsbody »

It all depends on your height. I’ve got a 400 Burgman and no problem, but a friend has a new Forza 350 and there is no way I can sit on that and and put both feet on the ground safely.

Ian T
Benefactor

Post by Ian T »

I am in the region of no legs

5’8” if I puff up and 30” inside leg if I breath in, so always had a bit of trouble height wise.

Sitting will the the acid test I think. Did have a Blackbird once but that was swivel every time I stopped and that was frightening.

Cheers

Ian

Ian T
Benefactor

Post by Ian T »

Well thank you so much Roy

Kindest of offers and I’ll see you soon, reply sent.

Cheers

Ian

Greyerbeard

Post by Greyerbeard »

One other thought, for now...how about the Honda DCT bikes? A proper bike, no clutch lever, and rear brake with foot pedal?
They do tend to be the taller bikes though!
1981 Triumph T140ES
1989 Honda C90
2021 Honda Forza 350