Non Burgman owner

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Non Burgman owner

Post by Stibbs »

I’ve done it. I’ve finally, after much deliberation and chin rubbing, decided to trade in the trusty Burger for a Forza 350.
I’ve been hankering after one for some time and one came on the market for the right price and with some extras already fitted. A good trade in price from a reputable dealer sealed the sale.
On Saturday It’ll be delivered. I’m quite excited. It’s Pearl Grey. Few hundred miles on the clock. Had first service. Showroom condition.
Can’t wait to get it out on the road :D :D :D

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Re: Non Burgman owner

Post by horobags »

good news, I'm sure you will be happy with the Forza after a couple of hundred miles.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Well done Steve! That's great news. Can't wait to see it. Everyone I know who has one seems very happy with them. ;)
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Stibbs
Benefactor

Post by Stibbs »

horobags wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:24 am good news, I'm sure you will be happy with the Forza after a couple of hundred miles.
Thanks. I’ll post my thoughts after a few hundred miles :D

Stibbs
Benefactor

Post by Stibbs »

Data wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:21 am Well done Steve! That's great news. Can't wait to see it. Everyone I know who has one seems very happy with them. ;)
Yes I’ve had a good look at reviews and owners thoughts and it looks very favourable icon_thumbs_up.gif

Stibbs
Benefactor

Post by Stibbs »

Quick update. Done a bit of pootling around the East Suffolk countryside last two days, racked up about 65 miles. First impressions? Lovely engine, smooth, quiet, plenty of pull (although less bhp than burger much less weight - 50kgs less!), showing 83mpg on display but I always go “brim to brim” method so I’ll update that through Fuelly as I go along. Ride seems harsher, perhaps because it’s not yet “bedded” in suspension wise. I’ll adjust accordingly as more miles added. I’ve decided to go the Givi screen route. The stock screen when fully up and travelling at 70mph makes the air flow into my head uncomfortable. The Givi has good reviews and for £85 is a no brainer for me. The mirrors are poor. The glass is adjustable but the stalks don’t have enough length for this to be effective. The result is when I look in them I get 70% me and 30% road view behind. The Burger was much better. Seat height? This was a worry for me as I’ve short, 28”, inside leg. However, I’ve managed to work this out by slightly sliding my bum forward on the seat as approach a stop, this lets me sit astride a narrower part of the seat and thus let’s me get my foot down relatively comfortably. The seat is much wider than my old Burger hence the problem. Overall I’m very happy with the change and will endeavour to keep you updated with my thoughts as I get a few more miles in! Ride safe Muppets :D

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

Sounds good!
I stuck extra mirrors above the stock ones; they make all the difference.
I bought mine from Amazon but I've seen some very similar (and cheaper) on Ebay.
If you get them be careful not to line them up exactly with the edge of the stock mirror housing but have them a little further forward. Otherwise they will be too upright and you won't be able to get enough adjustment.
Not a good explanation, I fear, but fiddle with positioning them before you stick them on and you'll see what I mean.

Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

Stibbs
Benefactor

Post by Stibbs »

Waldorf wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:11 pm Sounds good!
I stuck extra mirrors above the stock ones; they make all the difference.
I honestly can't remember exactly which ones but these look very similar.
If you get them be careful not to line them up exactly with the edge of the stock mirror housing but have them a little further forward. Otherwise they will be too upright and you won't be able to get enough adjustment.
Not a good explanation, I fear, but fiddle with positioning them before you stick them on and you'll see what I mean.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304084078302 ... BMuJL3iYJh
Thanks Waldorf, great tip.
I’ll investigate these and hopefully it’ll sort the problem icon_thumbs_up.gif

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

I edited my post to include the mirror I bought from Amazon.

Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

good news, it'll take a while before the engine loosens up a bit.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.