Someone's stolen my TMax

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Dr Gonzo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Suzuki Burgman 650

Someone's stolen my TMax

Post by Dr Gonzo »

After just a couple of months of ownership, some git has had it away with my TMax - a 2020 XP 560 D, reg no. RJ20 JVT.

It's bad enough that it's been nicked but on my birthday!

The scoot was chained to a ground anchor on a private road and under a cover.

Trying to look on the bright side at least I've still got the factory fit topbox if anyone wants to buy that.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Re: Someone's stolen my TMax

Post by Data »

Uh oh! So sorry to hear about this. It makes most of us want to get our hands around the scum's throat and just keep squeezing! I can only imagine how you must feel about it. Are you not going to replace it with another of the same? Keeping the topbox would be good if you are.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Oh bugger. What's depressing is that you say it was chained to a ground anchor - and they still nicked it. I guess it must have been serious thieves rather than idiot yoof wanting a 'larf'.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

I presume they haven't got the smart key, so I guess that means they intend to break it.

Dr Gonzo
Benefactor

Post by Dr Gonzo »

They must have known what they were looking for. I live on a private road that this off another private road and the one I'm on is a deadend. They must also have come tooled up. The ground anchor is intact but the lock has gone along with the TMax and the Oxford cover, complete with solar charger. More crap that I'll need to replace.
@MrGrumpy I have all fob and key right here in front of me. so yeah spares it is I guess.
I'd had it less than two months, too.
@Data That's just my way of dealing with it - make a joke of it. I'll be getting another but I doubt I'll find one with a Mivv exhaust on and I'll miss the lovely rumble that made.

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor
Current Ride: BMW C Evo Yamaha T Max 560

Post by tmaxrobbo »

My dealer had his Demo stolen from outside the shop . They pushed it away with another scooter . Found abandoned and scuffed up in a shit part of town . Mine was stolen from my garage 2 years ago . They are a Theif's top bike to steal . Sorry you have had it stolen it feels bloody horrible . I love a T max but it stopped me getting another . Like my Evo BMW Scoot though

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Dr Gonzo wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:22 am They must have known what they were looking for. I live on a private road that this off another private road and the one I'm on is a deadend. They must also have come tooled up. The ground anchor is intact but the lock has gone along with the TMax and the Oxford cover, complete with solar charger. More crap that I'll need to replace.
@MrGrumpy I have all fob and key right here in front of me. so yeah spares it is I guess.
I'd had it less than two months, too.
@Data That's just my way of dealing with it - make a joke of it. I'll be getting another but I doubt I'll find one with a Mivv exhaust on and I'll miss the lovely rumble that made.
My mk6 got nicked,like you i live in a dead end,bike chained up and a cover,i reckon they clocked me and followed me home,then came back at their leisure with a cordless angle grinder,the tracker company phoned me at 01.30 in the morning and asked me to go and check,told them it was gone,found less than 2 miles away within 30 minutes with another two stolen bikes,a stolen transit with said angle grinder in it,the electric steering lock was shagged,£1500.00 for that repair,best bit is the Crown Prosecution Service decided not enough evidence to prosecute…..WTF……i had got over,until now😁

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Dr Gonzo
Benefactor

Post by Dr Gonzo »

I'm in the States at the moment but woke up to an email today from the Met Police informing me that my TMax had been recovered! Shame the insurance company has the key fob and V5.

I wonder if the insurance company will sell me the exhaust cheap when they get the Tmax from the police pound?

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Its recovered, but do they say what state its in? It might be a total wreck, rather than the pristine shiny scoot it was when you last saw it.

Dr Gonzo
Benefactor

Post by Dr Gonzo »

@MrGrumpy it's a moot point really. It's the insurance company's now. I had to send them the key fob and V5 before I got the payout.