forza 350 maintenance schedule/manual?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
knight2
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Re: forza 350 maintenance schedule/manual?

Post by knight2 »

Data wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:28 pm
knight2 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:03 am Data
Why do manufacturers reccomendations vary so much. My 650 Burgman oil should be changed every 3500 miles with the filter being changed every other oil change. It seems a bit excessive to me, I've only owned it 10 months and it's 200 mile away from it's second oil changed by the time I've had it a year it will be well on it's way to it's third, weather permitting. Just curious.
Hello knight. This is a very good question. It actually depends on several factors as to when a manufacture will require/specify an oil change. These are things like engine design, materials used in it's manufacturer, main use the bike is intended for; & very very importantly the type of oil specified for the engine. There is lots of detail I could add here but maybe another time eh.
Any time and thanks for your answer, I've often wondered about it over the years not only the difference between bikes but bikes and cars as well.
horobags wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:35 pm A lot of the time I come on here nowerdays just to read Data's replies these to questions, his wealth of knowledge is fantastic.
I'll second that, no pressure Data :)

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Awww...you two!! You make me blush! :oops: :lol:

Seriously, for anyone interested I'll do a post about the differences between car oil, diesel engine oil & motorcycle oil in a few days. There is quite a difference between them all & the way they affect engine wear rate can be surprising. I find this sort of stuff fascinating but I appreciate I'm not normal!! :lol:

Just for the moment, today I'm rebuilding my main desktop computer with new bigger faster processor, faster memory etc. Going to give it a big clean out to & install Windows 11. Unfortunately need to strip the whole machine to get to the processor back plate which tends to drop off under the motherboard when you remove the old processor & cooler. Already updated the uefi bios in readiness. Any of you guys running Windows 11? If so what do you think?
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

Although Having a long history of bike ownership my knowledge of oils dates from Castrol XL, XXL in the early fifties, I’m sure that DATA, a much traveled and professional engineer will have greater knowledge of different oils and their applications in modern machinery.
I’m sure that he wouldnt lead anyonw wrongly up the ‘garden path’ and trust his invaluable knowledge especilly for my current bikes which are all Honda. Ie Honda NH125 Lead, Honda CN250 Helix and not least my dear little Honda ST70 each of which I hope to ride again at 85 and with or without my current physical health limitations.

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

Data wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:59 am
Just for the moment, today I'm rebuilding my main desktop computer with new bigger faster processor, faster memory etc. Going to give it a big clean out to & install Windows 11. Unfortunately need to strip the whole machine to get to the processor back plate which tends to drop off under the motherboard when you remove the old processor & cooler. Already updated the uefi bios in readiness. Any of you guys running Windows 11? If so what do you think?
Barely understood a word of that :lol: but yes, on Windows 11 here. No practical difference for my limited computer use, I'd say...
1964 Matchless G3
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Greyerbeard wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:45 am
Data wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:59 am
Barely understood a word of that :lol: but yes, on Windows 11 here. No practical difference for my limited computer use, I'd say...
Thanks Greyerbeard. Windows 11 intrigues me a little as I'm on W10 still. My processor wasn't compatible with W11 the Microsoft software told me so I thought I'd just upgrade a bit. Did the upgrade to the hardware yesterday and the computer is running fine. I can now do a clean install of W11 when I'm ready. I'm a power user and I write code and generally get quite involved in building and fixing. My main problem has always been finding the time to do more of that sort of stuff. However, it seems enforced rest has come in useful! :o :lol:

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Jimo wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:10 am Although Having a long history of bike ownership my knowledge of oils dates from Castrol XL, XXL in the early fifties, I’m sure that DATA, a much traveled and professional engineer will have greater knowledge of different oils and their applications in modern machinery.
I’m sure that he wouldnt lead anyonw wrongly up the ‘garden path’ and trust his invaluable knowledge especilly for my current bikes which are all Honda. Ie Honda NH125 Lead, Honda CN250 Helix and not least my dear little Honda ST70 each of which I hope to ride again at 85 and with or without my current physical health limitations.

Jim
You certainly have some nice bikes Jim. ;)

knight2

Post by knight2 »

Data wrote
[/quote]

I was with you till you got to the bit about the uefi bios. Many years ago I started learning about all this stuff then for various reasons, the government cut the course I was doing and I started working long hours amongst others, I didn't keep up with it. Still running windows 10, I looked into 11 but couldn't see any advantage in it for what I use PC for these days so didn't bother. I'm thinking of buying a new PC at the end of the year because the one I've got is crap and it's only two years old, didn't realise they still made them this bad.

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

Knight, II’ve been using Apple ‘puters for 30 years now and have much less trouble with them than I did using Windows 1st edition through to Windows 7 or thereabouts. Even today Apple ‘puters are much cheaper than they originally were and many ‘Rebuilt’ units are available at under half price - many of which have ready to go systems already installed.making them a Good Buy.
For the record I’d never go back to a windows machine again if only because they are the Hacker’s first choice.

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Jimo wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:14 pm Knight, II’ve been using Apple ‘puters for 30 years now and have much less trouble with them than I did using Windows 1st edition through to Windows 7 or thereabouts. Even today Apple ‘puters are much cheaper than they originally were and many ‘Rebuilt’ units are available at under half price - many of which have ready to go systems already installed.making them a Good Buy.
For the record I’d never go back to a windows machine again if only because they are the Hacker’s first choice.

Jim
Hi Jim, yes I concur with your sentiment concerning hackers & Windows. If running Windows you need to be careful even today, although W10 is very good regarding it's reliability & security if the operator uses it correctly. Windows 11 apparently offers even more security but I haven't dissected it yet. In a moment of madness I worked for local government some years ago & became an 'ethical hacker'. It was necessary for my job to be able to bring back remote computers that we had lost contact with in other parts of the county. It was fun but it also made me a Linux fan (it's harder to hack) and have run that for the last 20yrs alongside Windows. My wife and I ran our own computer build & repair business for many years alongside our other businesses and we found Linux very popular amongst the security conscious public. Apple products I'm not a fan of for lots of reasons & don't now have very much to do with them. But don't get me started on Apple products... :lol:

Apologises to Rocketman for wandering off his topic! :o

knight2

Post by knight2 »

Jimo wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:14 pm Knight, II’ve been using Apple ‘puters for 30 years now and have much less trouble with them than I did using Windows 1st edition through to Windows 7 or thereabouts. Even today Apple ‘puters are much cheaper than they originally were and many ‘Rebuilt’ units are available at under half price - many of which have ready to go systems already installed.making them a Good Buy.

Jim
Thanks Jim, I hadn't looked at Apple at all, though I did a few years ago and thought they were expensive so I hadn't considered them since. I don't think I fancy a rebuilt one though they do have some tempting offers on amazon. I have Malwarebytes for security which has been okay so far, can't remember how much it cost though.