forza 350 maintenance schedule/manual?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Rocketman122
Current Ride: eee

forza 350 maintenance schedule/manual?

Post by Rocketman122 »

just curious where I can download a service manual for the scooter?

says 12000km for oil change..that sounds crazy to me.

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Re: forza 350 maintenance schedule/manual?

Post by Stibbs »

Yes it does say that in the service schedule but personally, having just bought mine I’ll change the oil every 4K miles and replace the filter every 8k. It’s such a simple job can be done in 15 mins. Approx annually for me so hardly a chore.
Also To answer your question I don’t know where you can get a service manual but all the basic stuff should be easy enough?

Rocketman122

Post by Rocketman122 »

thanks for the reply

what about cvt work? when is that done? my friend has a 350. did 6500 in 1.5 years and had to do a small service now. I have no idea what they did, but for pretty sure its engine oil/filter/plug and possibly air filter? but he thinks hes going to pay peanuts every service interval and I told him to get his wallet fattened up because cvt work with honda parts is very expensive and will probably cost 3-4 times what he paid for this "small" service.

do they have a small/big service interval like other scooters?

I cant find an owners manual just to see the intervals. but 12000km sounds absolutely bonkers. there must be some reason for that and no way do I believe a small 350cc scooter can handle a 12000 oil change interval. no matter how good their engines are.

cheers

Rocketman122

Post by Rocketman122 »

ok, so I saw his bill. oil and filter change. most likely semi synthetic oil. aint no way hell oil is holding 12000km. thats like honda wants you to destroy the engine before its time and buy another. 140gbp they charged him. theft on the highest level. this is why I never buy do maintenance at shops. they are thieves. I wish more people did their own work. I would even be willing to teach my friend how to do it correctly. properly with a torque wrench and necessary tools.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

My GTS300 Vespa has 10,000km oil & filter changes. It''s completely normal on Piaggio motors. The Beverly 350 has 12,000km oil & filter changes too. It's not uncommon for GTS250/300 engines to hit 80 to 90,000+ miles (not km) without needing engine overhauls. Forza motors too are very robust (talking about the 300 here) & there is no reason to think the 350 will be any different. Of course the Piaggio motors use a fully synthetic 5-40 mc oil. This makes it possible for the fairly lengthy oil change intervals. I suspect it's the same on your Honda. Remember to that if you do shorter trips frequently where the motor doesn't fully warm up you'll need to change oil more often. You probably know that though!
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Rocketman122

Post by Rocketman122 »

Data! hello friend. how are you healing? hope youre doing better.

sounds crazy to have the engine oil hold so long. id be very worried to wait that long. I use synthetic in the maxsym, but change it every 5000km instead of the 6. I want to feel like I have peace of mind. cheers buddy.

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Rocketman122 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:20 pm Data! hello friend. how are you healing? hope youre doing better.

sounds crazy to have the engine oil hold so long. id be very worried to wait that long. I use synthetic in the maxsym, but change it every 5000km instead of the 6. I want to feel like I have peace of mind. cheers buddy.
Hi mate! Yes, recovering ok. Slow process though but feeling much better thanks. Hope you are good too.

Yes I know what you mean about changing out the oil early. It does make folks feel better doing that. That's actually a good enough reason to do it I guess! Modern fully syn oils though are very very good at going big distances without loss of protection to the motor. When I was involved in engine testing & development we found even if a fully syn oil became very dirty to look at it still protected the motor just the same, no increase in wear rate even if the oil went over its designed life cycle. I blueprinted engine after engine finding the same result each time but terminating testing usually at 100,000 miles. My own car goes 16,000 miles on its oil before being changed out. The engine is completely happy with that. My last company car covered 230,000 miles with oil changes every 28,000 miles! The motor was in tip top condition.

So don't sweat too much about long oil change intervals. Even if you stick with those your motor will be absolutely fine & cover a huge mileage. Some of my past customers who had the GT & GTS Vespas covered very big mileages (78,000, 82,000, 88,000 miles) all on 5/40 fully syn changed at 6250 mile intervals (10,000km). None of them had any engine issues aside from needing a water pump, variator & other normal service items. Just enjoy that bike. ;)

knight2
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by knight2 »

Data
Why do manufacturers reccomendations vary so much. My 650 Burgman oil should be changed every 3500 miles with the filter being changed every other oil change. It seems a bit excessive to me, I've only owned it 10 months and it's 200 mile away from it's second oil changed by the time I've had it a year it will be well on it's way to it's third, weather permitting. Just curious.

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

knight2 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:03 am Data
Why do manufacturers reccomendations vary so much. My 650 Burgman oil should be changed every 3500 miles with the filter being changed every other oil change. It seems a bit excessive to me, I've only owned it 10 months and it's 200 mile away from it's second oil changed by the time I've had it a year it will be well on it's way to it's third, weather permitting. Just curious.
Hello knight. This is a very good question. It actually depends on several factors as to when a manufacture will require/specify an oil change. These are things like engine design, materials used in it's manufacturer, main use the bike is intended for; & very very importantly the type of oil specified for the engine. There is lots of detail I could add here but maybe another time eh.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

A lot of the time I come on here nowerdays just to read Data's replies these to questions, his wealth of knowledge is fantastic.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.