Help wanted please

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Help wanted please

Post by Jimo »

Hi Guys and Gals, Dear wife and I have become somewhat disabled motorcyclists through age and medical disability, I’ve always done all my own work on all my vehicles and my home but now I have a standing medical limitation of 10 minutes before I virtually collapse through heart problems (I have 1/2 a heart Drs tell me). Last week dear lady wife fell while trying to walk up steps to our home - which made me think about a pair of handrails to span 3 steps,; having made further enquires I’ve bought all the galvanised steel tubes and fittings and need a good person able and willing to assemble and fit the lot using screws/bolts supplied (paid for of course) - but not in frosty weather) in the Fakenham area of Norfolk.
I honestly don't know of anyone able to assist but PM me if you would be interested to help.I’m able to provide photos of the job.
All the best,

Jim

‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

Maxi Burger
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400 2022

Re: Help wanted please

Post by Maxi Burger »

Sorry, not able to assist you for this but you might have heard of an app called https://nextdoor.co.uk/, it's a very helpful app designed for local people to get in touch with other local folk, you can set the area that you only get messages from. Places like these very often have very helpful neighbours and tradesmen willing to lend a hand.

Jimo
Benefactor

Post by Jimo »

Maybe this site has good intensions but trying to get on it (unsuccessfully) is like pushing water uphill.

Jim

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

Is there a local Facebook Group?
We have one here (Seaham Have Your Say) and amongst all the usual crap there are many genuine requests for help and even more positive responses.
Incidentally, if one askes for professional help there is a guarantee that those who respond and do the work do it well since the Group is monitoring as well as protecting one-another.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

Jimo
Benefactor

Post by Jimo »

Waldorf, Thanks very much but I just don’t like or use social media, they’re too inquisitive, so really the situation is my own fault, when one is younger one never thinks about such a problem - certainly not with Muppetts but when one ages and becomes more dependent on others it riles just thinking about it. I’m happy to pay a good person to do the work, its just finding such, since moving here 16 years ago I’ve lost all friends down south, since living here i’ve done most things to help others however now that boots on other foot - just don't get old it certainly doesn't pay!

Jim

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

In Northampton we get a booklet delivered Trusted Traders,i have used business’s from it,very satisfied and reasonable,they are checked out by the local council

https://www.norfolk.gov.uk/business/tra ... ted-trader
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Post by Argyll »

Contact the Council care team and ask them for a list of businesses who install handrails etc. They must use sub-contractors for their own properties and, who knows, maybe they may even offer to do it for you.

https://www.norfolk.gov.uk/care-support ... -care-team

Jimo
Benefactor

Post by Jimo »

Argyle, Stephen, thanks very much, Through your Norfolk Council contact I’ve found a local 5* company ‘This & That’ who will carry out the work on 22nd Dec. I’m really pleased.

Jim

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Jim, I hope your wife wasn't hurt. So glad you have found someone to do the work. I'd normally be in a position to help but since my heart attack I'm just not able to do stuff. I know what it's like to only have half your heart working too! I was in the same boat some while ago. Spent a good while in hospital. It's not always very much fun I found. Very fatiguing! Anyhoo...keep your pecker up Jim & like me, keep taking the pills & stay warm mate! :D
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Jimo
Benefactor

Post by Jimo »

Hi Data, and ya all, I was very fortunate that Catherine was not seriously injured when she fell at the foot of our steps to the front door, a couple of care assistants helped her up, I recently fell on them as well so that convinced me to do something about the matter, a chap will be coming to do the job on the 22nd, this Christmas looks like being the worst in my memory with dear wife now having reached an advanced stage of dementure and my health being no help whatever.

Enjoy every bit of health while you can Guys (&Gals)
Happy Christmas to you all

Jim