Another Cruisym or, a Forza?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
scootabout
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 350

Re: Another Cruisym or, a Forza?

Post by scootabout »

Waldorf wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:11 am I think 10% over-reading is par for the course these days .
That explains all the numpties pottering along at 25 mph. Gawd help us when 20 mph limits are everywhere and those same people drive at 15 mph... :roll:

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

scootabout wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:13 am
Waldorf wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:11 am I think 10% over-reading is par for the course these days .
That explains all the numpties pottering along at 25 mph. Gawd help us when 20 mph limits are everywhere and those same people drive at 15 mph... :roll:
Only 10% over reading isn't actually bad for scoots these days. My mk4 Tmax felt more like 20% - and my old Burger 650 wasn't much better.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Stephen wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:03 am ,i have mulled over the idea of a Forza 350,although i am no hooligan i do like to a bit naughty from time to time😁i wasn’t sure the 350 would allow me to do that,but if it’ll get up to 80ish,that could sway me,i

Steve
I think that modern 300-350s are actually pretty quick. For instance my old Bev 350 was pretty mental, probably as fast as a Tmax up to 50, and I once found myself 'cruising' at 85 (on the speedo) on a dual carriageway when I was tired and wanted to get home. The issue is that smaller scoots don't have the Tmax's sophisitcated chassis and suspsension, so that out in the sticks where the roads get bumpy, they tend to be rather more of a handful. Its why I eventually got rid of the Bev when I stopped commuting - whilst it seemed the perfect 2nd scoot, it wasn't really capable of being a Tmax substitute, as it was a right pain to ride in tricky conditions and very uncomfortable for me as well. Its why I ended up with two Tmaxs! I have toyed with the ADV350 which apparently has better suspension with more travel so might be better out of town.

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

'Put some stick-on foam strip (e.g. draught excluder) on the closing rim of the fuel flap; enough so that you need a bit of pressure to close it. It will then spring open when the button is pressed.'

Great tip; thank you!
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

Alternatively use an old credit card for opening fuel flap. Mine stuck for the first time a few weeks ago. Easily remedied by pushing button and flipping card under it!

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

Thanks!
As yet - dare I say it? - I've not had a problem with the flap but I will be prepared!
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

scootabout
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 350

Post by scootabout »

The flap on mine is still at the 'annoying, but manageable' stage, but I'll defo try Greyerbeard's tip :-)

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

Having read the comments about the fuel flap, and similar comments on you tube. I had a little play with the opening , thinking the return spring must be too weak surely. After a few goes i found if i pushed down on the flap after pushing the opening button ( at the same time) it seemed to spring up better. Early days yet for me to comment, but, i do a lot of miles on my bikes ,so being able to refuel could be an issue for me. I had my ride to the coast today (wednesday), about 45 mile there. I went on the Forza. I still feel like i am sat "on it" rather than part of it, i did sound the horn several times when looking for the turn button, It runs along quite happily and whilst running everything in, i am keepig just below 50 MPH. total mileage now 94. I did take the advice of sliding down to the edge of the seat when stopping to put my foot down ,it works, so, thankyou for that.

YetAnotherMuppet
Current Ride: x-max

Post by YetAnotherMuppet »

scootabout wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:10 am I find the Forza less impressive than most people on the forum; buffeting when cruising in part-crosswinds, hard work in town traffic, especially two up.
I hope it's not against forum rules to reply to an old thread - could I please ask you to elaborate on how the Forza is hard work in traffic? Did you mean the 300/350? Did you find it too heavy? Narrow steering range? What were you comparing it to?
I ask because I may be considering a Forza 350. I had an X-max 300 which I found OK for filtering - not as agile as a Vespa 50cc, but I rarely filter so aggressively that that becomes a difference.

Thank you!