New T Max 560 Tech Max pick up day !!

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
tmaxrobbo
Benefactor
Current Ride: BMW C Evo Yamaha T Max 560

New T Max 560 Tech Max pick up day !!

Post by tmaxrobbo »

So picked up my 560 T Max Tech Max yesterday . Rode up to the dealer on my 1250 GSA and swapped it for the T max plus cash . Riding it home I wondered what I had done as in comparison to the GSA I rode up it felt small and vulnerable ! After 50 miles we had gelled and I remembered what a great bike the T Max is . My last Mk 3 was stolen 3 years ago and I had thought I would not get another because of that . The 560 is a bit of a move on from a Mk 3 but not so much from a Mk 6 that I have also owned . I have had Mk 1 Mk2 Mk3 Mk4 Mk6 and now is it a Mk 9 ? I rode it 200 miles home and it was fantastic . Initially very stiff as it was a zero mile new bike . With 200 miles on it it is much better . I like the electric screen and seat . The grips are not very warm . Cruise is great as is the Toggle switch for the Menu . It has blue tooth for your phone and sat nav . I really like it . It is easy to clean and just really usable in a way I just didn't with the GSA , it was too big for town but great for long journeys . I am hoping to take the T Max to Italy and Spain in the summer . Will let you know how it goes

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Re: New T Max 560 Tech Max pick up day !!

Post by horobags »

8-)
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

TMax's are far too expensive for me these days, I won't pay anything more than 4-5k for a bike or scoot. But congrats on the new purchase! I am jealous :D
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

expensive is a word becoming more and more common atm. :cry:
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Sounds awesome!

It should eat the miles up to Italy and Spain.

It'll probably blend into the scooter landscape. Last time I went to either, T maxes and SH Hondas were everywhere.

8-)

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Super! There's nothing like a Tmax - they seem capable of doing so many things right and having a good time. Just come back from a mini tour of the Scots Borders myself. Tmax (mk6 2017) did everything you could want. Only snag was it was bleedin' freezing up there! It may have been 20C in the Highlands, but it wasn't like that in the Borders - I had every layer of clothing I possessed on! Fortunately I have Oxford grips and they seem quite warm. Should have left the muffs on a bit longer!
I think the current Tmax is the mk8.

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor
Current Ride: BMW C Evo Yamaha T Max 560

Post by tmaxrobbo »

First service coming up and it is bedding in well . Really nice handling and a lot lighter than the EVO . The EVO was roomier but the T Max is comfortable . I will fit some bar risers and see if they do a smaller seat hump to improve seat room . Seems well put together . Heated grips are not great though the heated seat is . Electric screen really effective and usable on the move . Pleased with it though the looks grow on you !! The Keyless can be a bit hit and miss but it gets there eventually . Great Scoot !

Pukmeister
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2011 Tmax + 2019 R1250GSA

Post by Pukmeister »

I just got back yesterday afternoon from my weeks trip to France and Italy on my 1250GSA.

As expected, Tmax's were everywhere, the Europeans love them, more so in France it seemed where everyone was razzing about on them.

Other than the high speed dash back from Chalons-En-Champagne on the A26 Yesterday to make the mid-day train at Le Tunnel, which would have had my Tmax drinking fuel like Oliver Reed on a bender and required multiple fuel stops en-route thus wasting precious time, I reckon the Tmax would have coped admirably on such a trip.

The fuel was over 2 Euro per litre for E10 on the Peage service stations so not cheap to refuel when in a hurry either, looking at about 60 Euros to refill the big fuel tank on the GSA. Tolls are also expensive and the Mont Blanc Tunnel is 34 Euros one-way or 51 Euros return for a bike.

Accomodation, food and drink in France are now dreadfully expensive eg 9 Euros a pint in France, not quite as bad in Italy though at about 5 Euros a pint. Our last hotel was 120 Euro a night for a twin room. Not done the maths yet but I'm easily looking at a Grand for the week plus fuel costs on top.