Freedom Storm

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
knight2
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Freedom Storm

Post by knight2 »

Any body know any thing about these
https://freedomscoots.com/storm-s-300/
This guy seems to like them not too surprising as he sells them in Oklahoma City, not much use to us. Just wondered if they are marketed under a different name in Europe. Seems a bit unusual for the yanks to get a scooter we don't. It looks quite nice, whish he had compared it to a 400 Burgman instead of a 200, I think it would have been a better comparison. Though I doubt the Storm would have looked so good.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Freedom Storm

Post by MrGrumpy »

My guess is that they are a rebadged Chinese scoot, possibly similar to scoots sold by Lexmoto, or more likely something even cheaper and nastier. There are tons of different scoots made in China by a hole heap of companies you've never heard of. Wasn't Tartarini the guy behind Italjet and the original Italjet Dragster in the old days?? - if he was involved it may be a good sign, or maybe that they ripped off one of his designs!

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

You are pretty much spot on Grumpy! It is an Italian design by Tartarini. Think it's called the Amigo Freedom & Wotton Storm. Looks pretty good and quality looks ok.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

defo Chinese, the 'double cheeseburger 500' is due for release in July.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

knight2

Post by knight2 »

I asummed they would be chinese but if I google Freedom scooters all I get is mobility scooters and I'm not quite there yet :lol:.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

knight2 wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:37 am Any body know any thing about these
Chinese, and a pretty new company all round.

Good plans to be a "proper" scooter brand, but have a long, long way to go, yet.

On the plus side, they know they have a lot to learn, but Asian scooters can get a decent financial foothold in the USA market. The Genuine Buddy proved that.

As far as I know they aren't planning to sell in the EU or UK with ICE scooters.

knight2

Post by knight2 »

Thanks for that, I had to google Genuine Scooters, based in Chigago not some where I would associate with scooter :D

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Apparently Allessandro Tartarini is the son of Leopoldo Tartarini was behind the Italjet company. Alessandro has his own Velocifero scooter company and is apparently currently engaged on achieving speed records on a 200bhp Elec scoot!

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/202 ... c-scooter/

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

knight2 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:58 pm Thanks for that, I had to google Genuine Scooters, based in Chigago not some where I would associate with scooter :D
Me neither, but nonetheless sell successfully in most States, particularly California. 8-)
knight2 wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:37 am Seems a bit unusual for the yanks to get a scooter we don't.
It isn't really when you consider that maxi scooters are a niche market in the UK, and non-big-name maxi scooters are a smaller sub-section of that niche. The market is tiny.

Add on that the UK is generally considered a poor risk for startups due to a relatively recent reputation for economic incompetence, and you would wonder if anyone even thinks about bringing new models here, let alone a new brand.

We did have Genuine scooters in the UK. They were branded PGO. They didn't sell enough to make it viable to continue. :roll:

knight2

Post by knight2 »

MrGrumpy wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:12 am It isn't really when you consider that maxi scooters are a niche market in the UK, and non-big-name maxi scooters are a smaller sub-section of that niche. The market is tiny.

Add on that the UK is generally considered a poor risk for startups due to a relatively recent reputation for economic incompetence, and you would wonder if anyone even thinks about bringing new models here, let alone a new brand.
Yeeesss sorry I keep forgetting we're not in Europe any more :oops: