Honda Foresight 250

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Honda Foresight 250

Post by Waldorf »

I was chatting to a chap who has just bought a Honda Foresight 250, his first maxi.
He is a biker and mechanic.
I suggested to him that he needs to deal with the strainer regularly - every 2000 miles - as the Foresight engine doesn't have an oil filter.
He was a bit surprised but thankful for the tip.
I'm just checking I'm right; my X9250 sl, same engine, I think, had strainer, not filter.
I will see him again as he's a Seaham Boy and visits The Green regularly.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

Stephen
Benefactor

Re: Honda Foresight 250

Post by Stephen »

Yes….i am pretty sure you’re correct,i can remember that’s what was done on earlier X9 250 which i am lead to believe was a Homda 250 engine……

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Waldorf
Benefactor

Post by Waldorf »

Thanks, Steve.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

Good information on video, Mike. Hope you are keeping well. Big Ears Wing will be used as as the rear bike in the National Honda Owners Club Rally, I now always ride at the back of groups keeping my eyes on them.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

Waldorf
Benefactor

Post by Waldorf »

Thanks, Dave. I'll try to catch the chap and direct him to the video.
I'm okay, thanks although anticipating two 'procedures'; one for removing a bladder-stone larger than a golf-ball and one to ream out a certain tube in the same area. I keep telling myself that those who will do it are experts but it's a bit daunting!
I'm really pleased that the black Silverwing is both still in your hands and being used so effectively. Long may it continue.

I hope you are well; one day, perhaps, we will meet again. :)
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
Capitano

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

Mike
Linda and me are keeping well, I have a small number of friends that have bladder and prostate troubles and they are all getting good treatment from hospitals. I stayed in the private hospital whilst one of them had a bag removed after a previous lazer procedure on his prostate. The nurses explained the future problems he would face for weeks after the removal. Pleased to say that all of them are back riding bikes again, and helping each other overcome issues.
The Silverwing has been detailed cleaned and polished within an inch of its life ready for the annual event that we are hosting in Kent, being probably the only scooter may win best scooter on show.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Yes, you're correct Mike. Just a small thimble sized gauze above the sump plug
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Dave Weller wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:03 am Mike
Linda and me are keeping well, I have a small number of friends that have bladder and prostate troubles and they are all getting good treatment from hospitals. I stayed in the private hospital whilst one of them had a bag removed after a previous lazer procedure on his prostate. The nurses explained the future problems he would face for weeks after the removal. Pleased to say that all of them are back riding bikes again, and helping each other overcome issues.
The Silverwing has been detailed cleaned and polished within an inch of its life ready for the annual event that we are hosting in Kent, being probably the only scooter may win best scooter on show.
You saying the silverwing was dirty 😉
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Waldorf
Benefactor

Post by Waldorf »

Thanks, Dave; regards to Linda, of course.

I'm not overly-anxious but more NOT looking forward to the weeks following!
I made the mistake of Googling and have to remember that everything written there is worse-case scenario.
'No Driving' features; it says nothing about riding a small, electric twist-and-go scooter, though.
Edd's coming up to nurse me through the first week.

I think your Silverwing is a particularly fine example; I hope it wins the competition.

Incidentally, a certain SW London member of the X9OC went through serious prostate cancer treatment last year; He kept Facebook Friends informed and he seems to be over it, thank goodness. You may be in contact with him, of course.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
Capitano

Waldorf
Benefactor

Post by Waldorf »

'Yes, you're correct Mike. Just a small thimble sized gauze above the sump plug'

I needed to check; it's twenty years since I passed my Test and bought my X9250 and I wasn't sure the engines in the three bikes are the same. ;)
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
Capitano