Selling my Forza 350

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Selling my Forza 350

Post by Sylar »

I Bought my Forza 350(New) in May this year. From the start i found it too high off the ground for my 29" inside leg, despite someone advising me how to cope with this problem, i cannot get used to sliding forward every time i stop. I also have my Cruisym 300 and have no problems with it. I have done about 3400 miles on the Forza, and have fitted a rear carrier and top box. I have no complaints about the Forza's performance it does all it claims to do, i just do not like it. In the past when selling a bike the local paper or Autotrader was the way to go but, nowadays so many crooks out there, how do you go about selling a bike privately?

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Re: Selling my Forza 350

Post by Stibbs »

That’s a shame. My inside leg is the same length as yours but I manage fortunately. If you can’t get on with a bike then it’s time to move on. I once had an 1150gs and that thing was a beast. However, when loaded up for a tour it was so top heavy and very high for my legs. Whenever I stopped near a camber my heart was in my mouth. I did drop it once and that was enough for me. A great bike but didn’t suit me. I hope you find another a scoot that suits you better.

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

I sold my Nc750s on ebay this week. Set a low start price and pay for a reserve.

Given its nearly new, a dealer may be interested foe stock.

Facebook marketplace generated a lot of interest but I had one scammer come round and lost his deposit. Another pulled out the last minute.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

But there seem to be so many scams around, especially on Facebook marketplace but basically everywhere, how do avoid being scammed when selling? What payment methods should you accept and not accept?

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Bank transfer only. Collection in person, no export v5, and take a non refundable deposit.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

mottza wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:59 pm I sold my Nc750s on ebay this week. Set a low start price and pay for a reserve.

Given its nearly new, a dealer may be interested foe stock.

Facebook marketplace generated a lot of interest but I had one scammer come round and lost his deposit. Another pulled out the last minute.
Yep, give Dobles a shout on (020) 8022 9960.

Odds on they'd be interested.

Filonian
Current Ride: Honda Integra 750

Post by Filonian »

I've sold a few of my bikes on ebay with no problem and have achieved good prices for them. I only once tried "we buy any bike" and their offer was derisory, I eventually sold that bike for £2k more.
Always put in the advert that the bike won't be released until full payment has been received. I always ask for a deposit if the buyer is travelling distance to see the bike and state it is only refundable if the bike isn't as advertised (so be honest with your descrption), this should put off waiting around for buyers who don't turn up. Transfer by bacs is my preferred method of payment which can be done on the day of inspection as you can see it arrive in your bank.
If you have any suspicions you don't have to sell it to them.
I would think you should have no problem selling your Forza 350 as it is highly desirable on the used market. You shouldn't have to advertise it for a lot less than the dealer prices for a similar bike.

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

I thank everyone for their advice, as we are coming up to winter, i might delay any action till spring. I will give it a run once a week to keep it running easily. My cruisym is better suited for winter riding in any case, as i have heated grips and it is wired up for my heated Keiss vest.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Sylar wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:01 pm I Bought my Forza 350(New) in May this year. From the start i found it too high off the ground for my 29" inside leg, despite someone advising me how to cope with this problem, i cannot get used to sliding forward every time i stop. I also have my Cruisym 300 and have no problems with it. I have done about 3400 miles on the Forza, and have fitted a rear carrier and top box. I have no complaints about the Forza's performance it does all it claims to do, i just do not like it. In the past when selling a bike the local paper or Autotrader was the way to go but, nowadays so many crooks out there, how do you go about selling a bike privately?
Out of interest, how much are you hoping to get for it?

The average new price is now £5800, and they tend to drop around a grand at a year old, sub 5000 miles.

So, for example you'd pick up an October '22 one with about 3-5000 miles on, from a registered (non Main Honda) dealer, for around £4500-£4700.

Although we're coming to colder weather there is still a psychological advantage of selling a same year bike. ie selling a '23 bike in 2023, rather than 2024.

Mister Paul
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Post by Mister Paul »

I'd stick it on FB Marketplace and see what interest you get. I put my ADV350 on there in Feb and a Honda dealer gave me a crazy (high) price for it.