Renewal of licence at 70.

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Re: Renewal of licence at 70.

Post by capitano »

Greyerbeard wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:40 am OTOH...when my wife did it, her new one came back with a full motorcycle licence on it. She's never taken a test, and last rode her Honda 90 in 1977...
:lol: After dealing with the DVLA for over 2 years trying to make sense of moped licensing, nothing surprises me! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

It is indicative of the average forum age that we know so much about this topic!

8-)

Whatsisname
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K5

Post by Whatsisname »

My biggest problem turned out to be working out the instructions on the computerised Passport/Driving licence/Bus pass photo booth in Tesco! The first instruction was to take off your specs, so you couldn't read the rest! Then the machine kept telling you you'd done something wrong/did not comply., and start again. I think it was seven goes before it deigned to process the pics!
I wake up every morning with a smile upon my face,
My natural exuberance spills out all over the place!

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

LOL!
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

knight2
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by knight2 »

:lol: :lol:

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Whatsisname wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:59 pm My biggest problem turned out to be working out the instructions on the computerised Passport/Driving licence/Bus pass photo booth in Tesco! The first instruction was to take off your specs, so you couldn't read the rest! Then the machine kept telling you you'd done something wrong/did not comply., and start again. I think it was seven goes before it deigned to process the pics!
Don't you have a passport? They can usually take the photo straight from the passport office.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Apparently you cannot use your passport to renew your licence online if it was issued in 2017 or after that. This is because it's completely "what they call digital" and has no signature on it. A new renewal system is due to come into force at the end of this year (2023) which hopefully will correct this.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Well I got a surprise a couple of days ago. I got my new licence back from DVLA & it's for a full 3 yrs, not the 8mths they said it would be issued for. I had concerns my heart issues might be a rather big fly in the ointment! But not so. Doctors seem happy with it. And, it doesn't have any restrictions. They even added a new licence class allowing me to fly a Typhoon fighter plane. Really looking forward to having a go in one of those! :lol: What could go wrong,?
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Data wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:11 am Well I got a surprise a couple of days ago. I got my new licence back from DVLA & it's for a full 3 yrs, not the 8mths they said it would be issued for. I had concerns my heart issues might be a rather big fly in the ointment! But not so. Doctors seem happy with it. And, it doesn't have any restrictions. They even added a new licence class allowing me to fly a Typhoon fighter plane. Really looking forward to having a go in one of those! :lol: What could go wrong,?
Errrmm. I have questions.....
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

knight2
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by knight2 »

Doctors and the DVLA! plenty can go wrong. One of the times I had to have a medical to renew my HGV licence I got in touch with my Doctors and arranged it. Normally I would go to the doctor that the company I worked for reccomended as he was £75 cheaper but I couldn't get in touch with him :x, any way long story short had the medical passed, sent form off to the DVLA job done,not. A few days later I was driving the truck back from Newcastle to a freightliner yard in Doncaster when my wife phoned to say "you have a letter from the DVLA" me " Oh! have they sent me a new licence?" " No they've taken your HGV licence away" me "as of when and why" "As of now because you failed the medical it seems the dozy old git(or words to that effect) has filled the form in incorrectly and you are no longer qualified to drive Heavy goods" I phoned my manager and explained the situation he said bring it back here and park it up and get it sorted.
First thing in the morning I was at the Dr's surgery and explained what had happened to the receptionist and gave her a form the DVLA had sent me and told her I have no income until this is sorted, she took it to the doctor and asked me to wait in reception, as I was waiting he walked past me didn't even acknowledge me let alone apologise, the receptionist did though. It took two weeks to sort out so I had paid a £100 for the medical and lost two weeks wages.Happy days grrrr.