It pays

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
knight2
Current Ride: Burgman 650

It pays

Post by knight2 »

It pays to shop around or query the renewal price for Insurance. I got my renewal at the weekend £134 up from £88.58 last year, a bit much I thought so I went on MCN compare and got a quote from Bikesure for £112.96. So I thought I'd give my insurance a ring and see if they could do any better, I'm insured with Europa bike, I asked if they could do better as I thought it was a big jump they came back with a quote of £93.55 which I thought was prety good so I took it. It now cost me more to tax a 650 Burgman than it costs to insure it.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: It pays

Post by MrGrumpy »

Insurance prices seem entirely random! My car insurance (with Budget Insurance) renewal had gone up 20% - I did a Confused comparison and everyone was quoting more or less exactly the same figure, so I rang up Budget to renew - and they gave me a discount (back to where it was the year before) without me even asking for one! Currently in negotiations with Virgin about broadband/TV prices - again almost any price seems available, but they lock you in for long contracts and there are hefty in-contract price rises...

knight2
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Re: It pays

Post by knight2 »

I know what you mean I looked up the third party only price as a matter of interest and it was more than I paid for fully comp. Don't get me started with the price for tv and broadband we pay Sky way too much and we don't watch much telly,It's something that I must get around to sorting out this year as I'm sure we could save a lot.