Air Hawk Cushion Puncture

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Air Hawk Cushion Puncture

Post by Stephen »

I went out for a ride on Friday,when i got home i noticed my AirHawk seat cushion was completely flat,so i blew it up,put it in a bowl of water,sure enough a tiny pin hole,i googled air hawk puncture fix,one of the links took me to Adventure Rider forum,a thread there said not to use a traditional cycle puncture repair kit,well not the glue anyway as it doesn’t work on the air hawk,the patch needs to be a sticky patch,an email to Air Hawk themselves confirmed this,although they called it a class B patch,so a trip to Halfords and i found something called Skabs(a slime product)peel & stick patches £4 so worth a try,done the repair,checked the cover for the air cushion to see if anything was caught in there,re inflated the air hawk ducked it in a bowl of water again,the patch seems to of worked🤞no bubbles,its stayed inflated so far,a test ride with my bulk sitting on will test the fix,10 years of ownership of the air hawk and thats the problem i’ve had.

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Re: Air Hawk Cushion Puncture

Post by capitano »

Excellent!

I've used skabs for puncture repairs on MTB rides and they work great, as do the Park Tool glueless patches.

I can't speak about longevity as none of the repairs were on my bikes. I'd change a patched tube on returning home,but mates might be less fussy. I suspect that some remain in service for years.

8-)