Evening

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
MickBurg
Current Ride: Burgman 400

Evening

Post by MickBurg »

Hi. Just signed up. I bought a new 400 Burgman last year. After recently developing a serious illness I've been left with a degree of disability in my legs and can no longer deal with the weight of a large motorcycle, hence the lower cog makes things much easier. Happy enough with the 400, tried a few different makes and found it to be the comfiest fit for my frame. My wife still enjoys coming along as a pillion, albeit the longest we ride for without stopping is around an hour or so. Always liked big scoots, previously had an SH300 for commuting for a few years. The only downside seems to be the amount of panels you need to remove for servicing, especially as no workshop manual appears to be available - the SH was a lot easier in this regard. Just need the weather to improve, so I can back out again, sick to death of the incessant rain. No doubt I'll be picking your brains when I assume servicing duties as I can't say I've got much faith in the dealers these days.

Oh and a shout out to AndyM - I see you've also had a partial escape from the NC forum!