650 Rear Tyre Life

halfabusa
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC750X DCT

Re: 650 Rear Tyre Life

Post by halfabusa »

poldark wrote:
So if I've got this right the rear tyres, ignoring the blowout change, have lasted -

1st - 12889
2nd - 9059
3rd - under 7k!

Now either they're putting less rubber on tyres these days OR you're using them a bit more............. :lol:
:roll: Well, i don't have any record prior to 12k miles but that doesn't mean it wasn't changed once already :lol: plus why did you ignore the blowout change? That makes all the difference. The tyre had plenty of life when i had to change it due to blowout. In fact i wanted to get it repaired but they said they can't due to the fluid inside the tyre (i had one of those solutions inside to prevent blowouts by coating the inner surface of the tyre - which obviously didn't do it's job!)

So you could say it would have lasted another 9k miles with them :lol:

Joking aside, i'm not surprised at all by the lower mileage i'm getting from the tyres as i've been commuting into london for 2 years now, and the quality of the roads is appalling. It feels like i've been hit by a vehicle sometimes when i go over one of those huge potholes. It gets worse in the winter with less light and raindrops on my windscreen as well. you can't see the road surface at all to avoid them!

I'm also going through brake pads very often, which is another sign that the tyres are having to work much harder than steady motorway speeds.
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...