front end noise?

nexusmaximus
Benefactor
Current Ride: nexus 500-fuoco-burger 650

Re: front end noise?

Post by nexusmaximus »

sorry JJ, i didn't mean for my reply to come across like that, it's just with my luck with my scooters lately, i wouldn't be surprised if it was. :kiss:
Image Image Image

J J
Current Ride: Burgman ANz 650 k9

Post by J J »

nexusmaximus wrote:sorry JJ, i didn't mean for my reply to come across like that, it's just with my luck with my scooters lately, i wouldn't be surprised if it was. :kiss:
No worries..... I missed a smiley out of my post that would have made it clearer that I have that kind of luck as well :kiss:
Currently on an ANz 650 K9 Burgman Exec in Metallic Silver

Previous bikes include: AN 400 K4, X9250sl, X9125, Pug Speedfight XRace, NVT175 Rambler, Triumph T140, Triumph T90, Triumph T20, Velo LE, James Captain, Honda 175

burgerman2
Current Ride: AN 400K6

Post by burgerman2 »

When I changed the bearing on my burger front wheel I got replacements from Redcar motorcycles in leicester, They supplied me with alternate SKF bearings with better seals on both sides of the bearing. Its normally the left hand bearing that goes first (the originals are only sealed on one side). cheaper too.............theyre on the internet.Eric

nexusmaximus
Benefactor
Current Ride: nexus 500-fuoco-burger 650

Post by nexusmaximus »

cheers, eric!

it wasn't as bad tonight as it was this morning, but i'm now thinking it may be the compressor, as suggested. i'll keep this updated, as to how i get on.
Image Image Image

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

Mine was quiet today, did about 150 miles, now in to second part of running in, braking hard and cornering faster. Grin on face increasing. Love the overdrive, 11.9 miles/litre over the distance of 350miles. I got a new leather jacket from Get Geared in Leatherhead and I even managed to put my crash helmet under the seat at the same time, at my Newlands cafe stop.
Engine has now loosened up and pick up is smoother.
All in all a great scoot.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i