Fuse box?

nexusmaximus
Benefactor
Current Ride: nexus 500-fuoco-burger 650

Fuse box?

Post by nexusmaximus »

i've looked over my Burger 650...ok!...i give in, where the bloody hell is it? :?

My manual has the list of which fuse covers which area, but no mention on its location. :x

I need to change the 3 amp fuse because my mirrors are stuck folded inwards. :roll:
Image Image Image

J J
Current Ride: Burgman ANz 650 k9

Re: Fuse box?

Post by J J »

Damn sneaky, the bods at Suzuki.

The fuses appear to be scattered around the bike as and when new bits are added.

I had the same problem last year with my mirrors. Mine also failed in the closed position which meant that I had to manually open them, which took them "off the cam". This meant that there was no resistance to wind pressure and they folded themselves in above 50mph.

I eventually found the fuse underneath the dashboard on the left hand side.

Follow the cable coming from the switch unit, including the mirror switch, downwards by the side of the left fork and you should see an off white poly fuse holder, taped to the loom, you have to get your hand right inside about 6 inches down. Open up the top cover and the fuse is inside, its more fun trying to put the new one in.

Also I found that the fuse, once located, looked fine..... it wasn't.

JJ
Currently on an ANz 650 K9 Burgman Exec in Metallic Silver

Previous bikes include: AN 400 K4, X9250sl, X9125, Pug Speedfight XRace, NVT175 Rambler, Triumph T140, Triumph T90, Triumph T20, Velo LE, James Captain, Honda 175

nexusmaximus
Benefactor
Current Ride: nexus 500-fuoco-burger 650

Re: Fuse box?

Post by nexusmaximus »

Nice one, JJ!!! 8-)

That sounds like a challenge, maybe the guy who sorts out the electrics for Suzuki also wrote the script for that crazy japanese gameshow, Endurance? :mrgreen:
Image Image Image