Brighton FS1E run 15 May 2011

Went to a scooter meet and took loads of photos? Post them in here for all to see.
capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Re: Brighton FS1E run 15 May 2011

Post by capitano »

Thanks John, I do try to please. :D

martb4632
Benefactor
Current Ride: LML Star 150 4 Stroke

Post by martb4632 »

Great photos. Took me straight back to 1980 when there were loads of Fizzys, AP50's Puch Magnums, etc parked up next to my high school.
I actually had a Batavus HS 50, a weird dutch contraption :oops: that looked like a sports moped but was actually an automatic & not very reliable but it was all I could afford at the time :(
I had a couple of Yamaha YB 100's as well when I reached 17 & its good to see a couple of those in the photographs too.

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

martb4632 wrote:Great photos. Took me straight back to 1980 when there were loads of Fizzys, AP50's Puch Magnums, etc parked up next to my high school.
I actually had a Batavus HS 50, a weird dutch contraption :oops: that looked like a sports moped but was actually an automatic & not very reliable but it was all I could afford at the time :(
I had a couple of Yamaha YB 100's as well when I reached 17 & its good to see a couple of those in the photographs too.
I remember those. Motobecane had a similar idea and produced a tarted up version of their step-thru Mobylette with a "motorbike tank" as did NVT with their Easy Rider moped. The Batavus was quite cool.

martb4632
Benefactor
Current Ride: LML Star 150 4 Stroke

Post by martb4632 »

Wow, thanks for posting the HS 50 photo. I only knew of one other lad who owned a Batavus in my town & I havent seen one for almost 30 years. I remember having to pedal furiously to help the 2bhp engine climb a (not very steep) hill on my way to work each morning :oops:
Happy days :)

Image[/quote]

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

Yeah I remember that starting procedure with my own Mobylettes. The Mobylette Sport version wasn't a bad looking bike looking back:-

although the one I started out on looked more like this:-

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

I'd love one of those old machines to play with now, i had a fizzy or three as a young-un, i then went to the dark side cos my dad gave me his Honda 175 benley dream or some such thing. I had so many bikes and knackered them all, wish i had had more respect for them seeing them now.... How much for a running bike that needs a bit of TLC?

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

kayz1 wrote:I'd love one of those old machines to play with now, i had a fizzy or three as a young-un, i then went to the dark side cos my dad gave me his Honda 175 benley dream or some such thing. I had so many bikes and knackered them all, wish i had had more respect for them seeing them now.... How much for a running bike that needs a bit of TLC?
Shockingly, probably around £1400-£1800!!!

THIS is typical of a pre-restriction popsicle purple needing a whole lot of TLC.

Post-77 ones can be cheaper but prices are ratcheting up on those now, Wineberrys especially.

Fully restored mid 70s Fizzies done by the right folk are now at ridiculous levels and often sell through the fizzytalk and sports moped sites' small ads for undisclosed sums, ie "make an offer"

To console you here's one of Gaz67's photos I shamelessly whipped from fizzytalk showing how to display a Wineberry to its best effect. (Yes she is the girl from the run last year) :D