Do you need L plates?

For members who own little scooters.
StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Re: Do you need L plates?

Post by StephenC »

andyscooter wrote:i am fed up with being pulled for no l plates 3 times in three weeks twice by the same copper :twisted:

wouldnt mind but i passed my test nearly ten years ago
Was it only me that immediately thought of the Constable Savage sketch from the Not The Nine O'clock News show?

"...walking on the cracks on the pavement"
"out after dark with an offensive....wife?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Ginger Phil
Benefactor

Post by Ginger Phil »

Yes, it was just you. :P

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Ginger Phil wrote:Yes, it was just you. :P
:oops: I'm showing my age, aren't I? :(
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

ruddy Ongar country folk!
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Milo.

Post by Milo. »

lol at Mottza

woozy-uk
Current Ride: PCX 125

Post by woozy-uk »

i have a full uk car license and rode a 50cc without L plates, when i got the 125 i did a CBT and put an L plate on the rear licence plate, i am NOT going to put one on the front of my bike unless i am told to by the police, I have so far been past 100s of police on bikes and in cars without any issues in London so far, touch wood!

Hanzo1974
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda VRF1200FD

Post by Hanzo1974 »

woozy-uk wrote:i have a full uk car license and rode a 50cc without L plates, when i got the 125 i did a CBT and put an L plate on the rear licence plate, i am NOT going to put one on the front of my bike unless i am told to by the police, I have so far been past 100s of police on bikes and in cars without any issues in London so far, touch wood!
thats fine but your insurance will be void and your breaking the law all for the sake of 1 L-plate,just take the test if they bother you,i personally think l-plates are very dangerous as soon as cars see them they want to get by you and take chances,even though they should give you room so better to get rid of them legally.

chris

rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Post by rtfm »

Hanzo1974 wrote:
woozy-uk wrote:i have a full uk car license and rode a 50cc without L plates, when i got the 125 i did a CBT and put an L plate on the rear licence plate, i am NOT going to put one on the front of my bike unless i am told to by the police, I have so far been past 100s of police on bikes and in cars without any issues in London so far, touch wood!
thats fine but your insurance will be void and your breaking the law all for the sake of 1 L-plate,just take the test if they bother you,i personally think l-plates are very dangerous as soon as cars see them they want to get by you and take chances,even though they should give you room so better to get rid of them legally.

chris
+1 Go and do your full licence (even if it's on an auto) and chuck the Ls in the bin. Don't be a selfish knob and ride around with no valid insurance. Once you've done your test you'll be safer and get more respect from other drivers and of course, it feels good to dump the Ls.

EDIT:
The people on here will be happy to offer help and advice about getting through the test and it's really not that hard.

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Hanzo1974 wrote:

chris
+2
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Mr Angry

Post by Mr Angry »

Hanzo1974 wrote:

+3

And if stopped it could be taken away and scrapped.