Maeving UK !!!! looks interesting.

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Maeving UK !!!! looks interesting.

Post by XP500FUN »

UK made but not sure how much UK.

https://maeving.com/?utm_source=google& ... gLcpPD_BwE

Hope they do well.

We need something UK made that actually sells and works etc these days.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Maeving UK !!!! looks interesting.

Post by MrGrumpy »

£7k for a 45mph top speed?? The Silence scoot that's already available looks much better and more practical.

This Chinese concept looks far more fun!
https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/n ... ic-scooter

wightegi
Current Ride: Forza 300 Honda C90

Post by wightegi »

With the scrapping of free road tax for EVs coming they may not be as popular. The Maeving has as an extra an optimate but no mention of a 12 volt battery, looks like it has been designed by someone who does not ride motorbikes, 19 inch wheels ??

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

There was a bit about this on the 'Motorbike Show' Apparently designed for Urban use, but quite why a naked bike would be suitable for (all year) commuting is unclear! Optimised for range apparently, hence the 45mph top speed, but even with 2 batteries, you only get 80 miles. Slightly nice idea is that if you only have 1 battery, this creates some storage space in the dummy fuel tank, but its clearly a question of style as it doesn't look big enough to get a helmet in (too narrow). So....I'm not excited. As I said previously, the Silence S01 scoot looks far more useful, with 60mph top speed (briefly more available), 50 mile range at decent speeds, storage space for at least one helmet, and weather protection.

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

MrGrumpy wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:38 pm There was a bit about this on the 'Motorbike Show' Apparently designed for Urban use, but quite why a naked bike would be suitable for (all year) commuting is unclear! Optimised for range apparently, hence the 45mph top speed, but even with 2 batteries, you only get 80 miles. Slightly nice idea is that if you only have 1 battery, this creates some storage space in the dummy fuel tank, but its clearly a question of style as it doesn't look big enough to get a helmet in (too narrow). So....I'm not excited. As I said previously, the Silence S01 scoot looks far more useful, with 60mph top speed (briefly more available), 50 mile range at decent speeds, storage space for at least one helmet, and weather protection.
Yes the S01 beats it on every figure and it actually can store two full face helmets too. Only the handling and suspension would be the obvious plus for the RM1. I do like the idea of having two batteries that are easy to handle but they sacrifice range and speed.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

I'd rather have a Super Soco TC Max for less than that price.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...